It started Billions of years ago....

  • ewickings@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11 9:31 AM
      I was just reading from the book by Brad Steiger,  the internationally bestselling story of America's own Paul Twitchell, "In MY Soul I Am Free" and came across a couple paragraphs that made me laugh. Not sure why I didn't laugh all those years ago when I first read it but here is what I'm referring to:

      ##########################

      From page 123

      "Billions of years ago there was a mighty deity called the Sugmad, known to all great races of the world. This deity was so powerful that he forbade the worship of Himself as a God. He lived in that world, beyond the reaches of all mankind, but He appeared often upon the physical plane for proof that He was a living being".

      *** So if Sugmad could appear on the physical plane as proof that He was a living being, why doesn't He still?   Why didn't Paul describe what this Sugmad looked like all those Billions of years ago.    Does this sound like a poor sci fi movie to anyone else?

      "During His sojourn upon this plane,  He explained carefully to the leaders of the races that He existed because they allowed Him to exist. Otherwise He had no form, no shape, nor any facilities which could be used in transmitting His ideas to men, provided they didn't furnish Him with them".

      *** Okay,  so if we no longer wish for Eckankar to exist we just don't allow it!  ;-)    I don't know about anyone else, but this actually does sound like Paul's own work. (not plagiarized)  Who in their right mind would write such foolishness, except a sci fi author!   I think I have actually seen some "D" rated sci fi junk similar to this on T.V., and it was better!

      "In other words He could manifest to men only if they would make use of their creative energies, for it was only through this faculty that he came to this planet. If enough would believe and concentrate upon Him there would be a matrix, or rather a mold, formed in the psychic world reaching up through the planes into His world. He would use this as a channel and come through it to manifest upon earth to men".

      *** Why would the Sugmad only be able to manifest to men by using a psychic *tool* and use this as a channel to come through to manifest upon earth?  If Sugmad (God) is our creator and all powerful why would IT need to do anything with this lower form of psychic magic?

      "The Sugmad is part of every tuza. He is the sacred faculty in men which is called the creative imagination. This is the divine spark in all tuzas -- and it is that part which can draw the Sugmad down to earth or take the tuza up to the Sugmad".

      "This is the great secret which I give you."

      ***  Wow I'm impressed!  So basically Twit could have eliminated all the other BS and just said we all are a spark of God.   I paid $1.95 for this book all those years ago.  I wouldn't pay the $2.00 dollars I *was* selling it on e-Bay for!!!

      Have a great day everyone!
      Liz
    • ewickings@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11 9:53 AM
        In a message dated 5/11/2006 12:33:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ewickings@... writes:
        From page 123

        "Billions of years ago there was a mighty deity called the Sugmad, known to all great races of the world. This deity was so powerful that he forbade the worship of Himself as a God. He lived in that world, beyond the reaches of all mankind, but He appeared often upon the physical plane for proof that He was a living being".

        *** So if Sugmad could appear on the physical plane as proof that He was a living being, why doesn't He still?   Why didn't Paul describe what this Sugmad looked like all those Billions of years ago.    Does this sound like a poor sci fi movie to anyone else?
        I thought I would add one more comment about this above paragraph.

        You would think that Paul was setting up the Sugmad on earth theory, using the form of the Mahanta as Sugmad. But further reading, he doesn't even hint at it in the pages to follow!?

        Maybe it was Harold that came up with this idea to co-inside with his title of God Man of the entire universe?  Sugmad made flesh etc....  I don't want to think about it anymore!  LOL
        Message 3 of 3 , May 12 5:59 PM
          I think it would be good comic book type reading--not as good as
          Batman, Superman, Spiderman, etc. but some cartoon pics might have
          made it entertaining! LOL!

          Mish

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, ewickings@...