Re: It Matters to This Starfish

  • ctecvie
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2006
      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "eyesopen444"
      <eyesopen444@...> wrote:

      > Hi Prometheus and Liz,
      >
      > I found this story in "The Book of Parables, Volume 3", 1991,
      > Page 277.
      >
      > I've reposted the original story and then HK's plagiarized story.
      >
      > **** The Starfish
      >
      > There was a young man walking down a deserted beach just before
      > dawn. In the distance he saw a frail old man. As he approached the
      > old man, he saw him picking up stranded starfish and throwing them
      > back into the sea. The young man gazed in wonder as the old man
      > again and again threw the small starfish from the sand to the water.
      > He asked, "Old man, why do you spend so much energy doing what
      > seems to be a waste of time?"
      >
      > The old man explained that the stranded starfish would die if left
      > in the morning sun.
      >
      > "But there must be thousands of beaches and millions of starfish!",
      > exclaimed the young man. "How can you make any difference?"
      >
      > The old man looked down at the small starfish in his hand and as he
      > threw it to the safety of the sea, he said, "I made a difference to
      > this one."
      >
      > -- Loren Eisley
      >
      > *****
      >
      > It Matters to This Starfish
      >
      > An old man was walking down by the sea, and he saw a young boy
      > throwing things back into the water. He got closer and saw they were
      > starfish. "what are you doing?", he asked the boy.
      > The boy said, "these starfish are going to die if they don't get
      > back into the water." The old man looked up and down the beach and
      saw
      > thousands and thousands of starfish. "but what does it matter?" he
      > asked the boy.
      > The boy looked at the starfish in his hand and said, "It matters
      > this one."

      Ingrid: It seems as if HK didn't remember the original story too
      much! What a poor writing style indeed!

      > ****
      > ME: HK then goes on to make the connection of the Inner Master being
      > on the beach doing what he can to help Souls return to the ocean of
      > love and mercy.
      >
      > IMHO, Loren Eisley wrote a lovely story with a polished writing
      >style.
      > HK's, on the other hand, was a poor reproduction.
      Ingrid: A very poor reproduction indeed, and it shows!

      > Hope this helps.
      >
      > Happy Thursday.

      Thanks a lot, Kaye, and Happy Thursday, too!
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2006
        Hi Liz, Ingrid, and Kaye,

        Thanks for pointing out that the Mahanta (Klemp) has Nothing
        Original to share, especially, in regard to inspiring Eckists with
        his own words of wisdom. When an author Does Not give credit for his
        sources this is theft (plagiarism) and unethical!

        I'm surprised that Frank (on HU-Chat) pointed out who the original
        author was of Klemp's "STARFISH" story! However, Frank Should Not
        dig too deeply for the Truth, unless, he is ready to ponder It
        further and is willing to connect the dots. I wonder if he and
        Harald have read "Confessions of a God Seeker?" I doubt if these
        deluded Eckists could handle a nice slow read and a pondering (or
        contemplation) of facts and truth!

        Eckists have too much to lose if the rug of illusion is jerked out
        from under them. What would they replace Eckankar with? Total
        Freedom from man-made religions and other distractions is Not for
        everyone at any given moment! And, that is why there are delusional
        paths (Eckankar, etc.) of all sorts for most people.

        Eckists aren't special except in their own minds, and the
        outer/inner initiations aren't real except for the ego! Let's face
        it - Eckankar is just another "feel good" religion where Klemp takes
        credit for the "feel good!" Any "feel bad" just means that Eckists
        haven't deluded themselves enough and that's their fault! LOL!

        BTW- I just had two Jehovah Witnesses come to the door. I asked if
        they were Mormons! LOL! See, these people are as bad as Eckists.
        They are arrogant while trying to appear humble. They think that
        their religion and beliefs are the highest, the best, and the one
        true path to God (Realization). They are like Eckists, especially,
        since Klemp has made Eckankar more Christian (Luthern) than
        Sikh/Hindu. Actually, Eckankar is a sect of Kirpal Singh's sect of
        Sikhism, except, Twitchell created the multi-initiation (caste)
        system which made Eckankar more like Hinduism. Klemp kept the multi-
        level initiation caste system pyramid and then made Eckankar more
        Christian like with hymns like "Amazing HU (Grace)," the Eck Worship
        Services, a Missionary Program, and Clerics, etc.

        So, Eckankar's Higher Initiations are a joke! I find it even more
        amusing that former H.I.'s think that those 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and
        9th initiations (even Darwin's 14th) indicated a higher
        consciousness! LOL!

        The ego really needs to feel "superior normal" and, therefore,
        blinds itself from the truth. And, this is why Klemp's ego has to
        bolster itself through someone else's words, by "writing" dozens of
        books, and by being listed in Who's Who! It's a Joke - Eckists just
        don't get it! <smile>

        Prometheus

        T.G.I.F. (eve)

        Ingrid wrote:

        Kaye wrote:

        Hi Prometheus and Liz,

        I found this story in "The Book of Parables, Volume 3", 1991, Page
        277.

        I've reposted the original story and then HK's plagiarized story.

        The Starfish by Loren Eisley

        There was a young man walking down a deserted beach just before
        dawn. In the distance he saw a frail old man. As he approached the
        old man, he saw him picking up stranded starfish and throwing them
        back into the sea. The young man gazed in wonder as the old man
        again and again threw the small starfish from the sand to the water.
        He asked, "Old man, why do you spend so much energy doing whseems
        to be a waste of time?"

        The old man explained that the stranded starfish would die if left
        in the morning sun.

        "But there must be thousands of beaches and millions of starfish!",
        exclaimed the young man. "How can you make any difference?"

        The old man looked down at the small starfish in his hand and as he
        threw it to the safety of the sea, he said, "I made a difference to
        this one."

        $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

        [HK's version]: It Matters to This Starfish

        An old man was walking down by the sea, and he saw a young boy
        throwing things back into the water. He got closer and saw they were
        starfish. "what are you doing?", he asked the boy.

        The boy said, "these starfish are going to die if they don't get
        back into the water."

        The old man looked up and down the beach and
        saw thousands and thousands of starfish. "but what does it matter?"
        he asked the boy.

        The boy looked at the starfish in his hand and said, "It matters
        to this one."