Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] RE: HK's Job: Cleaning Pipes and Dumbing Dow...

  • ewickings@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2006
      In a message dated 5/10/2006 10:41:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ewickings@... writes:
      >*****  Nope you polished it with gold.... lots of gold in the new ESC office, all that money spent on expensive chandeliers, *trying to out do Princess*.

      LOL  well I guess Prince at one time, looked like a princess back in the days of Purple Rain.   :-D
      Message 2 of 4 , May 10, 2006
        I was just over on HU-Chat looking for the STARFISH story and
        noticed that the home page had the official Eckankar name. This is
        trademarked and, therefore, one has to have permission to use it!
        Apparently HU-Chat has permission from the ESC! However, the
        shadowing, around the Eckankar letters, is an embellishment and is
        Not permitted according to the style sheet guidelines. Otherwise,
        the ECKANKAR trademark and logo could be challenged!

        I was wondering where and when HK first told the Starfish story?
        I've heard it before and would like to know if Liz or someone could
        point out where it can be found. It seems that everything in
        Eckankar comes full circle - including the fake Mahantas, their
        plagiarisms and lies, and the fraud of the initiations!

        Prometheus

        Have a good day everyone, and enjoy HK's plagiarized starfish
        story ;-)

        Liz

        ***** The Starfish

        There was a young man walking down a deserted beach just before
        dawn. In the distance he saw a frail old man. As he approached the
        old man, he saw him picking up stranded starfish and throwing them
        back into the sea. The young man gazed in wonder as the old man
        again and again threw the small starfish from the sand to the water.
        He asked, "Old man, why do you spend so much energy doing what
        seems to be a waste of time?"

        The old man explained that the stranded starfish would die if left
        in the morning sun.

        "But there must be thousands of beaches and millions of starfish!",
        exclaimed the young man. "How can you make any difference?"

        The old man looked down at the small starfish in his hand and as he
        threw it to the safety of the sea, he said, "I made a difference to
        this one."

        -- Loren Eisley
      • ewickings@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 11, 2006
          In a message dated 5/10/2006 9:36:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, prometheus_973@... writes:
          Not permitted according to the style sheet guidelines. Otherwise,
          the ECKANKAR trademark and logo could be challenged!
          Hello Prometheus, if you do a search on yahoo groups you will find a chat group specifically for eckist doing newsletters and pr work. I think they also discuss and co create web sites for each *State* Satsang groups for eckankar. I don't recall the name, something like Tech Talk?  You may find your answer there?

          It would appear Hu-chat, including chela chat and the vahana group are official eck chat groups.  They are the only current groups that consistently have activities / conversations.  You know that disclaimer "Hu-chat is not sponsored by Eckankar", and their SOP supposedly keeps eckankrap free and clear of any wrong doing....    Steve Unfeldt's is eckankrap's watch dog of the Internet!    Maybe he could answer this question for us!  ;-)

          I was wondering where and when HK first told the Starfish story?
          I've heard it before and would like to know if Liz or someone could
          point out where it can be found.
          I know I have heard it on one of the Eck tapes, not sure if it was one of Harold's seminar talks, or from when he was still doing a talk at the Temple once a month.    Also it has shown up in one of his parables books (I think)?  The title of the talk was "It Matters to this Starfish".   Frank Weeden is the one that posted the original story and gave credit to the correct author.

          Liz