Eckankar - Another Pyramid Scheme of Power

    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2006
      Hi Liz,
      This is why the Eckankar scam works for some people. They want and
      need to believe it in order to have confidence that there is a
      seamless spiritual existence and a path (teaching) that provides a
      faster pace spiritual evolution for Soul. Actually some of this is
      true, to a certain extent, - just Not the Eckankar part! LOL!

      I'm thinking that if people can just free themselves from
      superstitions, dogma, and leaders that spiritual growth would be
      greatly increased naturally. Political, religious, and
      business "leaders" should be more like "administrators" that could
      be hired and fired much more easily when they do an unsatisfactory
      job.

      Unfortunately, these kinds of people and their power plays will be
      with us for a long time. Therefore, we have to free ourselves the
      best we can. Eckankar is just one more religious scam that creates
      another pyramid scheme of power with rules, guidelines, laws, and
      initiation ranks that have nothing to do with one's Consciousness!

      The whole initiation thing is to: 1) Keep control of Eckists by
      having them pay those required annual membership dues (donations);
      2) Maintain a hierarchy of hope (and fear) and a local volunteer
      membership effort; 3) Have a captive audience for other donations,
      volunteer efforts (busy work), and more material purchases.

      Yes, unlike a real past historical record of "leaders" in the
      world's societies there is No record of past LEM/Mahantas. How could
      there be when Rebazar was really Kirpal and most of everything else
      was delusion and fiction. And, the name "Mahanta" was Not created by
      PT until around May of 1969! Doug Marman will even agree with the
      Mahanta naming!

      I understand that people need to hang onto certain things at times
      in their lives, however, Soul really does need to be free of all of
      the restrictions (except for the physical experience and lessons)
      that bind It to these lower worlds. Certain lessons and experiences
      here are needed up to a point - this is why Freedom from Eckankar is
      just another stage for Soul's growth!

      Prometheus

      Regarding CWT and Swordsmen ewickings wrote:

      What I wanted to say is,

      They will Resurface under a different *Cult* name, which is common
      for businesses or religious cults, when they get their undies in a
      jam and want to avoid legal issues.

      I noticed a couple of the Hu-chatters believe and have actually
      convinced themselves, that in a past life they were members of
      Eckankar only it was called something else. LOL

      .....the mythical creation of eckankrap's history, and it's 970 past
      Eck Masters by Paul Twitchell. ;-)