The Easy Way!

    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 2006
      >mishmisha wrote:

      Hi, Kaye and All!

      TS has a new post on his BB, 4/30/2006, "Weekly Posting: Response to
      Q Whan on Plagiarism and Other Matters" which goes along in part
      with this other repost (below) from the Truth Seeker Message Board,
      regarding PT's plagiarism of the Buddha quote.

      This is a portion of Ford Johnson's post: "Many now in Eckankar can
      not bear to read Confessions. They are simply not prepared to
      confront information that they suspect can dislocate their
      comfortable equilibrium. This is ego's way of protecting them now
      because they really can't deal with truth at this time. They are not
      willing to go through the dislocation that truth will foster if they
      seek a new equilibrium. While this is the inevitable process of
      spiritual growth, ego protects each of us until we are ready to
      handle the next dose of truth. That is why a love for, indeed the
      imperative of truth, is the most important ingredient in the
      spiritual unfoldment of the individual. Some of us are truth-seekers
      while others are, temporarily at least, 'gate keepers.'"

      Hi, All!

      I wanted to take a portion from the earlier post to highlight what
      Ford wrote about why many eckists cannot and/or do not want to read
      his book "Confessions of a God Seeker." I think what Ford stated
      expresses it very well. For sure the ego is looking to be protected,
      but there is also the initial reason the ego seeks to be led and
      indoctrinated. It seems that many prefer taking the "easy way" by
      agreeing to being a follower of some godman--even accepting the fact
      that the spiritual goal of attaining spiritual freedom will not be
      achieved in this lifetime. These followers seem like sleep walkers
      in that they know very well that the eagerly sought higher
      initiations will take forever! But they don't seem to mind, or
      perhaps the law of silence and the threat of being called a loser by
      the mahanta keeps them waking up to the truth! Of course, while the
      lower initiates are slowly chasing the carrot of initiations,
      eckankar is earning their money! : )

      "The Easy Way," of course, is the name of the first discourse that
      is offered in eckankar right now. For the sum of $130.00-$135.00
      (annual membership dues), one receives this set of loose pamphlets.
      There is not much sustance to them, especially when one considers
      the price of receiving this "education." Being deceived into
      believing that the fake mahanta and fake eck masters can show chelas
      the easy way toward spiritual growth and enlightenment is pricey in
      more ways then one. (I think I have my copies of the discourses
      somewhere so I might re-visit what is written on those illuminary
      pages! LOL!)

      Anyway, it is my belief that many individuals join guru led paths
      because it is the easy way. Many individuals who elect to be
      followers and surrender their higher self seem a bit lazy and
      irresponsible. And they fear looking at the truth, i.e. reading
      Ford's book. It certainly is much easier to believe the mahanta can
      show them the way, help them to reach God Realization. But
      unfortunately, the mahanta has no special talents or abilities;
      therefore he is doing absolutely nothing for the chelas beyond
      misleading, deceiving, impeding their spiritual growth, and of
      course eagerly taking their hard earned money! It's a perfect scam
      because so many people really want to be followers of
      some sort or another instead of standing up against the wind!

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
        Hi All,
        I thought that I would revisit this topic and share the "path of the
        trinity" definition om page 159 in Klemp's Eckankar LexiCon. The
        quote is:

        "path of the trinity. Three questions to ask oneself when in doubt
        about an action: Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?"

        It's also interesting to note that neither PATH or TRINITY are
        capitalized. Klemp, it seems, relies upon the recycled and
        repackaged plagiarism of Twitchell's for the foundation of Eckankar
        while adding his own personal twist through his stupid stories.

        Mishmisha wrote:

        TS has a new post on his BB, 4/30/2006, "Weekly Posting: Response to
        Q Whan on Plagiarism and Other Matters" which goes along in part
        with this other repost (below) from the Truth Seeker Message Board,
        regarding PT's plagiarism of the Buddha quote.

        Ford Johnson writes:

        "I have maintained in Confessions that I was able to overcome the
        charges of plagiarism in my earlier reading of Lane's work because I
        too was not so concerned with the source of the statement as long as
        it represented the truth--to the degree that the writer saw and
        understood that truth. But Paul did not live up to this standard and
        that is why the old rationale of looking past the idiosyncrasies of
        Paul, lifting the works of others i.e. plagiarism, could no longer
        be overlooked.

        Through uncovering and analyzing his many techniques of distortion
        and brainwashing, it became clear that the intentions of this man
        were not noble as I had assumed. I had to search into the mysteries
        of mythomania (pathological lying) before any reconciling principle
        could be found to explain the actions of a person who appeared
        sincere and working from the highest principles on the one hand yet
        continuously engaged in lying of the most extensive, often
        unnecessaary, and obviously refutable type. So, PAUL GAVE UP HIS
        RIGHT TO OUR THANKS AND APPRECIATION FOR BRINGING THIS INFORMATION
        TO OUR ATTENTION BY USING THE TRUTH TO OPEN THE DOOR TO OUR
        CONSCIOUS ACCEPTANCE OF HIM AND HIS WRITINGS WHILE PLANTING LIES OF
        SUCH MAGINTUDE THAT THEY WOULD NOT BE QUESTIONED(my caps). This is
        the strategy of the 'great lie' about which he was most familiar and
        used extensively.

        That is why reading Paul has been equated with swimming with sharks.
        A lie can pop out at any time to bite, i.e. infect the store of
        information that has been allowed into our consciousness as truth."

        Ford further states:
        "Many now in Eckankar can not bear to read Confessions. They are
        simply not prepared to confront information that they suspect can
        dislocate their comfortable equilibrium. This is ego's way of
        protecting them now because they really can't deal with truth at
        this time. They are not willing to go through the dislocation that
        truth will foster if they seek a new equilibrium. While this is the
        inevitable process of spiritual growth, ego protects each of us
        until we are ready to handle the next dose of truth. That is why a
        love for, indeed the imperative of truth, is the most important
        ingredient in the spiritual unfoldment of the individual. Some of us
        are truth-seekers while others are, temporarily at least, 'gate
        keepers.'"

        It seems to me, that even some former eckists continue to have a
        problem with acknowledging the "imperative of truth." They cling to
        what they held so dearly in the eck teachings, maintaining that
        these were truths they would not have found elsewhere, that Paul
        gave them so much, etc. But when in fact, the truths/valuable
        lessons were stolen and Paul had just signed his name to them!
        Priscus was happy to discover that the "Is it true, is it necessary,
        is it kind" quote originated outside of eckankar. He valued it, but
        now knowing that it did not from PT or Rebazar or eckankar, he can
        let go of another org lie. He says it is wonderful to know this real
        truth!

        I realize it is hard to look at what we once thought was true but is
        clearly a lie. Our ego will rationalize to cushion that shock and/or
        denial, but the greatest freedom does come from facing truth head-
        on, acknowledging it in its entirety. There is no shame in being
        duped or deceived, because now we see. Now we know, and we should
        say as Priscus did--it's "wonderful!" And we need to share what we
        learned with others!

        Mish

        From the http://www.thetruth-seeker.com BB by Journey 4/25/2006

        The eck Quote by Buddha: "True, Necessary, Kind"

        Hello, Priscus!

        Thank you for asking where I found the quote by Buddha. I read it on
        page 349, in Julian Johnson's book, published 1939, "The Path of the
        Masters." Julian Johnson wrote: "A rule laid down by the noble
        Buddha is a most excellent one for all men to follow. He (Buddha)
        said that if you propose to speak, always ask yourself—`is it true,
        is it necessary, is it kind?'" I used the quote, attributing it to
        Buddha, thinking that Harald might respond somewhat as you have. It
        is an often used quote by Eckists, and even the eck singing
        vahanas, "The Hindu Kush Mountain Boys Plus One," wrote a song based
        on it in the mid 80's and made the quote more popular and attributed
        to Eckankar. I did enjoy hearing this group perform on more than one
        occasion. I agree that it is a fine quote; however, it has been over-
        used in Eckankar when enforcing the Law of Silence, so it is an eck
        suppression tool. It's interesting, that at one time, JPT once spoke
        of this as being the "art of silence." You may recall that Usually
        Skeptical (Nacal) showed how Klemp did not follow this rule himself
        in regards to the Postal Worker story. I have been reading Klemp's
        latest book, "Those Wonderful ECK Masters," and have noted that
        Klemp is now calling some chelas "losers," (found on page 211) so
        again it appears that Klemp continues to not apply this rule to
        himself.

        In "Confessions of a God Seeker," Ford explains how Twitchell
        plagiarized from "The Path of the Masters," so it is rather evident
        that this quote is still another example of something that Twitchell
        plagiarized from other sources in creating Eckankar. In moving away
        from the eck experience, it does help to sort out what you found
        valuable and be able to learn that those "truths" originated else
        where, and you can then believe that you might very well have found
        them yourself in other sources which attribute them rightfully to
        their originator. It is my conclusion, and a helpful one for me, to
        realize that it is not necessary to credit and thank Eckankar for
        spiritual growth, even though I had an experience there. Eckankar is
        not a necessary stepping stone on the spiritual path.

        <snip>

        Best Wishes,
        Journey
      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2 7:43 AM
          Found this one to be important enough to bring forward again! Though
          I did notice this morning, that the Truth Seeker BB is being
          revamped and currently under construction. So this archive from ESA
          is an important message to keep around, just incase the BB from TS
          archives will no longer be available!

          Elizabeth

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "eyesopen444"
          <eyesopen444@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > from the eck experience, it does help to sort out what you found
          > valuable and be able to learn that those "truths" originated else
          > where, and you can then believe that you might very well have
          found
          > them yourself in other sources which attribute them rightfully to
          > their originator. It is my conclusion, and a helpful one for me,
          > realize that it is not necessary to credit and thank Eckankar for
          > spiritual growth, even though I had an experience there. Eckankar
          is
          > not a necessary stepping stone on the spiritual path.
          >
          > To Patmc: I will mention again the yahoo group, Eckankar Survivors
          > Anonymous. Usually Skeptical (Nacal), now using the pseudo
          > Prometheus on that group, along with others are keeping current
          with
          > the latest eck shenanigans—the Mystic World, Youth Letter of
          Light,