Sifting Through the Lies of PT's Eckankar !

    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2006
      Hi All,
      Swimming through the lies of Twitchell is worse than swimming with
      sharks and getting bit! The problem with trying to sift through the
      lies in the Eck(ankar) teachings in order to find "truth" is that
      truth and fiction are intertwined. And, even the quality of
      these "truths" are questionable. These other sources for "truth"
      that Twitchell used are Not necessarily the highest! So, one needs
      to be really cautious when sifting through and accepting anything
      that Twitchell used in any and all of his books!

      Some of the fiction that Twitchell came up with are: the Eck
      Initiations; the Eck Masters; the Rod of Eck Power and the Mahanta!
      These were all creations for Twitchell's religious scam and new
      vocation! Therefore, just look at everything else, in the Eck dogma,
      that are tied into these basic lies! Gross and Klemp were fooled
      too, at first. However, they soon realized, after taking power as
      the LEM/Mahanta, that the Mahanta Consciousness too was a hoax!

      Eckankar is a crutch like every other religion out there and,
      therefore, Eckists will always be taught to "need" their crutch!
      There will never be independence, Self-Mastery, and Spiritual
      Freedom for Eckists! The Initiation carrot will always keep them in
      the race. Besides, it feels good for Eckists' egos to "know" that
      they are the most evolved Souls on all Planes of Consciousness! LOL!
      However, I must admit that it is nice to feel safe and secure...
      only for REAL! When will the Eck eaglets ever grow the feathers to
      leave the nest and soar on their own - Never! If Klemp has his way!
      <smile>

      Prometheus

      mishmisha wrote:

      Hi, Kaye and All!

      TS has a new post on his BB, 4/30/2006, "Weekly Posting: Response to
      Q Whan on Plagiarism and Other Matters" which goes along in part
      with this other repost (below) from the Truth Seeker Message Board,
      regarding PT's plagiarism of the Buddha quote.

      Ford Johnson writes:
      [quote]
      "I have maintained in Confessions that I was able to overcome the
      charges of plagiarism in my earlier reading of Lane's work because I
      too was not so concerned with the source of the statement as long as
      it represented the truth--to the degree that the writer saw and
      understood that truth. But Paul did not live up to this standard and
      that is why the old rationale of looking past the idiosyncrasies of
      Paul, lifting the works of others i.e. plagiarism, could no longer
      be overlooked.

      Through uncovering and analyzing his many techniques of distortion
      and brainwashing, it became clear that the intentions of this man
      were not noble as I had assumed. I had to search into the mysteries
      of mythomania (pathological lying) before any reconciling principle
      could be found to explain the actions of a person who appeared
      sincere and working from the highest principles on the one hand yet
      continuously engaged in lying of the most extensive, often
      unnecessaary, and obviously refutable type.

      So, PAUL GAVE UP HIS RIGHT TO OUR THANKS AND APPRECIATION FOR
      BRINGING THIS INFORMATION TO OUR ATTENTION BY USING THE TRUTH TO
      OPEN THE DOOR TO OUR CONSCIOUS ACCEPTANCE OF HIM AND HIS WRITINGS
      WHILE PLANTING LIES OF SUCH MAGINTUDE THAT THEY WOULD NOT BE
      QUESTIONED(my caps).

      This is the strategy of the 'great lie' about which he was most
      familiar and used extensively.

      That is why reading Paul has been equated with swimming with sharks.
      A lie can pop out at any time to bite, i.e. infect the store of
      information that has been allowed into our consciousness as truth."
      [end of quote]

      Ford further states: "Many now in Eckankar can not bear to read
      Confessions. They are simply not prepared to confront information
      that they suspect can dislocate their comfortable equilibrium. This
      is ego's way of protecting them now because they really can't deal
      with truth at this time. They are not willing to go through the
      dislocation that truth will foster if they seek a new equilibrium.
      While this is the inevitable process of spiritual growth, ego
      protects each of us until we are ready to handle the next dose of
      truth. That is why a love for, indeed the imperative of truth, is
      the most important ingredient in the spiritual unfoldment of the
      individual. Some of us are truth-seekers while others are,
      temporarily at least, 'gate keepers.'"

      It seems to me, that even some former eckists continue to have a
      problem with acknowledging the "imperative of truth." They cling to
      what they held so dearly in the eck teachings, maintaining that
      these were truths they would not have found elsewhere, that Paul
      gave them so much, etc. But when in fact, the truths/valuable
      lessons were stolen and Paul had just signed his name to them!
      Priscus was happy to discover that the "Is it true, is it necessary,
      is it kind" quote originated outside of eckankar. He valued it, but
      now knowing that it did not from PT or Rebazar or eckankar, he can
      let go of another org lie. He says it is wonderful to know this real
      truth!

      I realize it is hard to look at what we once thought was true but is
      clearly a lie. Our ego will rationalize to cushion that shock and/or
      denial, but the greatest freedom does come from facing truth head-
      on, acknowledging it in its entirety. There is no shame in being
      duped or deceived, because now we see. Now we know, and we should
      say as Priscus did--it's "wonderful!" And we need to share what we
      learned with others!

      Mish

      eyesopen wrote:

      Hi everyone,
      I read this great post on the Truth Seeker site and wanted to share
      it with you.

      Have Fun.

      Kaye

      Journey
      4/25/2006

      The eck Quote by Buddha: " True, Necessary, Kind"

      Hello, Priscus!

      Thank you for asking where I found the quote by Buddha. I read it on
      page 349, in Julian Johnson's book, published 1939, "The Path of the
      Masters." Julian Johnson wrote: "A rule laid down by the noble
      Buddha is a most excellent one for all men to follow. He (Buddha)
      said that if you propose to speak, always ask yourself—`is it true,
      is it necessary, is it kind?'" I used the quote, attributing it to
      Buddha, thinking that Harald might respond somewhat as you have. It
      is an often used quote by Eckists, and even the eck singing
      vahanas, "The Hindu Kush Mountain Boys Plus One," wrote a song based
      on it in the mid 80's and made the quote more popular and attributed
      to Eckankar. I did enjoy hearing this group perform on more than one
      occasion. I agree that it is a fine quote; however, it has been over-
      used in Eckankar when enforcing the Law of Silence, so it is an eck
      suppression tool. It's interesting, that at one time, JPT once spoke
      of this as being the "art of silence." You may recall that Usually
      Skeptical (Nacal) showed how Klemp did not follow this rule himself
      in regards to the Postal Worker story. I have been reading Klemp's
      latest book, "Those Wonderful ECK Masters," and have noted that
      Klemp is now calling some chelas "losers," (found on page 211) so
      again it appears that Klemp continues to not apply this rule to
      himself.

      In "Confessions of a God Seeker," Ford explains how Twitchell
      plagiarized from "The Path of the Masters," so it is rather evident
      that this quote is still another example of something that Twitchell
      plagiarized from other sources in creating Eckankar. In moving away
      from the eck experience, it does help to sort out what you found
      valuable and be able to learn that those "truths" originated else
      where, and you can then believe that you might very well have found
      them yourself in other sources which attribute them rightfully to
      their originator. It is my conclusion, and a helpful one for me, to
      realize that it is not necessary to credit and thank Eckankar for
      spiritual growth, even though I had an experience there. Eckankar is
      not a necessary stepping stone on the spiritual path.

      <snip>

      Best Wishes,
      Journey
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2006
        >mishmisha wrote:

        Hi, Kaye and All!

        TS has a new post on his BB, 4/30/2006, "Weekly Posting: Response to
        Q Whan on Plagiarism and Other Matters" which goes along in part
        with this other repost (below) from the Truth Seeker Message Board,
        regarding PT's plagiarism of the Buddha quote.

        This is a portion of Ford Johnson's post: "Many now in Eckankar can
        not bear to read Confessions. They are simply not prepared to
        confront information that they suspect can dislocate their
        comfortable equilibrium. This is ego's way of protecting them now
        because they really can't deal with truth at this time. They are not
        willing to go through the dislocation that truth will foster if they
        seek a new equilibrium. While this is the inevitable process of
        spiritual growth, ego protects each of us until we are ready to
        handle the next dose of truth. That is why a love for, indeed the
        imperative of truth, is the most important ingredient in the
        spiritual unfoldment of the individual. Some of us are truth-seekers
        while others are, temporarily at least, 'gate keepers.'"

        Hi, All!

        I wanted to take a portion from the earlier post to highlight what
        Ford wrote about why many eckists cannot and/or do not want to read
        his book "Confessions of a God Seeker." I think what Ford stated
        expresses it very well. For sure the ego is looking to be protected,
        but there is also the initial reason the ego seeks to be led and
        indoctrinated. It seems that many prefer taking the "easy way" by
        agreeing to being a follower of some godman--even accepting the fact
        that the spiritual goal of attaining spiritual freedom will not be
        achieved in this lifetime. These followers seem like sleep walkers
        in that they know very well that the eagerly sought higher
        initiations will take forever! But they don't seem to mind, or
        perhaps the law of silence and the threat of being called a loser by
        the mahanta keeps them waking up to the truth! Of course, while the
        lower initiates are slowly chasing the carrot of initiations,
        eckankar is earning their money! : )

        "The Easy Way," of course, is the name of the first discourse that
        is offered in eckankar right now. For the sum of $130.00-$135.00
        (annual membership dues), one receives this set of loose pamphlets.
        There is not much sustance to them, especially when one considers
        the price of receiving this "education." Being deceived into
        believing that the fake mahanta and fake eck masters can show chelas
        the easy way toward spiritual growth and enlightenment is pricey in
        more ways then one. (I think I have my copies of the discourses
        somewhere so I might re-visit what is written on those illuminary
        pages! LOL!)

        Anyway, it is my belief that many individuals join guru led paths
        because it is the easy way. Many individuals who elect to be
        followers and surrender their higher self seem a bit lazy and
        irresponsible. And they fear looking at the truth, i.e. reading
        Ford's book. It certainly is much easier to believe the mahanta can
        show them the way, help them to reach God Realization. But
        unfortunately, the mahanta has no special talents or abilities;
        therefore he is doing absolutely nothing for the chelas beyond
        misleading, deceiving, impeding their spiritual growth, and of
        course eagerly taking their hard earned money! It's a perfect scam
        because so many people really want to be followers of
        some sort or another instead of standing up against the wind!

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
          Hi All,
          I thought that I would revisit this topic and share the "path of the
          trinity" definition om page 159 in Klemp's Eckankar LexiCon. The
          quote is:

          "path of the trinity. Three questions to ask oneself when in doubt
          about an action: Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?"

          It's also interesting to note that neither PATH or TRINITY are
          capitalized. Klemp, it seems, relies upon the recycled and
          repackaged plagiarism of Twitchell's for the foundation of Eckankar
          while adding his own personal twist through his stupid stories.

          From the http://www.thetruth-seeker.com BB by Journey 4/25/2006

[...]

        • Elizabeth
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2006
            Found this one to be important enough to bring forward again! Though
            I did notice this morning, that the Truth Seeker BB is being
            revamped and currently under construction. So this archive from ESA
            is an important message to keep around, just incase the BB from TS
            archives will no longer be available!

            Elizabeth

            --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "eyesopen444"
            <eyesopen444@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > from the eck experience, it does help to sort out what you found
            > valuable and be able to learn that those "truths" originated else
            > where, and you can then believe that you might very well have
            found
            > them yourself in other sources which attribute them rightfully to
            > their originator. It is my conclusion, and a helpful one for me,
            > realize that it is not necessary to credit and thank Eckankar for
            > spiritual growth, even though I had an experience there. Eckankar
            is
            > not a necessary stepping stone on the spiritual path.
            >
            > To Patmc: I will mention again the yahoo group, Eckankar Survivors
            > Anonymous. Usually Skeptical (Nacal), now using the pseudo
            > Prometheus on that group, along with others are keeping current
            with
            > the latest eck shenanigans—the Mystic World, Youth Letter of
            Light,