Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Eckankar: 4/2006 Letter of Light - Q & A...

  • ewickings@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      In a message dated 4/30/2006 1:36:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, prometheus_973@... writes:
      >I enjoyed reading your perspective and it got me to thinking about
      these other angles of HK's message. And, I never saw a "Gay"
      connection before. The Yahoo Group for Gay Eckists is now
      called "Soul Equals Soul" instead of "Souls Like Us."
      The reason I even mentioned the idea of gender, with a  gay connection is because my hubby and I had attended a workshop at the 2000 WW seminar that ended up focusing on this topic. I honestly can not recall the title of the workshop, it had *Love* in the title, and physical relationships, it also touched on only men becoming the LEM.  Because the subject matter was so interesting, the facilitator invited all of us back the following day to continue the discussion.

      This was my husbands first WW. So we went to workshops for newcomers.  In attendance was a *couple*; one dressed like the female, the other dressed like the male. (Both were girls) I don't believe the facilitator expected the discussion would end up being about gender. And in my experience, when people use the word gender in a conversation with no distinction between male or female, *gender* being used usually to describe same sex couples. (maybe this is a mid western thing?)

      There were some interesting questions, and although I won't go into them, this subject is worth putting under the microscope as Mish and Prometheus have pointed out the obvious slant toward HK changing the requirements of a female becoming a co LEM / FLEM.

      These two young ladies arrived at the workshop the following day, with their persona reversed. The one that was female the day before was now dressed as the male in a very nice suit, and the other as the female dressed in a very nice dress and a long flowing wig.

      >I knew several Gay Eckists while a member. It "seems" Klemp does not look upon Gays
      with the same negativity of Twitchell or Gross.

      I would agree with that, but to anyone that is a gay male, does he still stand a chance at LEM?  If HK were confronted with that question, what would he say?  Hmmmm, ummmm, clear his throat a few dozen times before trying to come up with an answer... maybe one reason he doesn't allow for off the cuff Q & A time from his captive audience during the seminars?

      I have known several gay eck couples too.  Grew up with two sets of them in our community, then a few when I lived in Phoenix and Louisiana.  At least in eckankar many of the gender benders feel comfortable enough to be who they really are at the seminars.  Then there are those that still keep it in the closet.  The fact is, HK will not *lift up* an unknown eck chela, and there is no one in the works that *wasn't quit ready yet for the Rod of Power* as he spoke of a few years ago at his WW talk, unless of course he was hinting at Joan?!   (I believe it was the 2003 WW?)  And no the next LEM isn't going to be someone that isn't an eckist yet like he also hinted at.

      As Mish and Prometheus have shown, it is non other than HK's wife Joan, the next Co LEM / FLEM of the Entire Universe.  Will Peter ever get his due.....

      Speaking of Peter, has he adopted any more kids from China? A really expensive endeavor, that most regular people can't afford to do.  Membership funds and corp. jet flying them to and from?  Just asking.....   ;-)
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2006
        Hi Liz,
        Yes, it seems that Klemp is keeping the troops confused, guessing,
        and off balance - S.O.P.! Too bad that the "Law of Silence" prevents
        further discussion. However, the Eckist can always take it to "The
        Mahanta, the Inner Master" and imagine their answer/experience and
        write their own script. This is what Graham Forsyth did while using
        charged words like HU! What and whose experience is more valid? Does
        one need a letter from Klemp to now verify an "Inner" experience!

        Actually, there was something else in that quote from "A Profile Of
        ECKANKAR" on "Homosexuality," from page 20, that I'd like to
        address:

        "Personality traits and sexual habits are not related to spiritual
        unfoldment..."

        Remember, Klemp helped to write this in 1979!

        I believe that "Personality traits" can hinder spiritual unfoldment
        and "sexual habits" can also hinder spiritual growth as well! I
        think that we can all come up with examples of various personality
        and sexual disorders that are detrimental to others in society!
        Klemp and Gross were just covering and justifying for their own past
        and current behaviors when this was written (C.Y.A.)!

        I think that it does seem interesting that straight female and gay
        Eckists will leave gender behind when they are established on the
        Soul (5th) Plane. This means that they must reach the 6th Initiation
        first. However, as long as they manitain a physical (lower) body
        they will be limited, except, through their imaginations!

        Eckankar promotes a disdain and limiting view of physical existence!

        I'm surprised that there aren't more suicides by Eckists! However,
        there are many Eckists that just give up on life. They also tend to
        self-treat and self-diagnose with a passive attitude of - Oh well,
        the next life as a Governor of an Astral region (TM), kicking around
        in the God Worlds, being an Eck Master or whatever, will be better!

        Yes, delusion is alive and well within Twitchell's Eckankar scam!
        <smile>

        Prometheus
        p.s. What ever happened to Jerry Leonard? He used to have Peter's
        job until when... 1986?

        Liz wrote:

        Prometheus writes:

        I enjoyed reading your perspective and it got me to thinking about
        these other angles of HK's message. And, I never saw a "Gay"
        connection before. The Yahoo Group for Gay Eckists is now
        called "Soul Equals Soul" instead of "Souls Like Us."

        Liz: The reason I even mentioned the idea of gender, with a gay
[...]

        [P]: I knew several Gay Eckists while a member. It "seems" Klemp
        does not look upon Gays with the same negativity of Twitchell or
        Gross.

        Liz: I would agree with that, but to anyone that is a gay male, does