The Blue Light Special! LOL!

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 14, 2006
      Hi, All!

      I'm wondering how many of you saw the "blue light of the mahanta"
      while in eckankar? Or have you seen a blue light at all--prior to,
      during or after your eckankar experience?

      In "Those Wonderful ECK Masters," on page 205, the great L.E.M.
      Harold Klemp writes:

      "ECKists refer to it as the Blue Light of the Mahanta. The Mahanta
      is the highest state of consciousness known to the chronicles of
      mankind, and this blue light often appears during contemplation. It
      tells of the presence of the Mahanta. The Blue Light makes no
      distinctions between religions. People in religions other than
      Eckankar sometimes speak of it, too, but without understanding its
      nature. However, they do sense that the Blue Light comes to render a
      blessing, give consolation to the heart, assurance to the spirit,
      and healing to the body.
      The Blue Light of the Mahanta is, then, one of the countless ways
      the Inner Master may show up and pass along the assurance of
      protection."

      Isn't it interesting how HK acknowledges that people of other
      religions have seen the blue light but he judgmentally states they
      don't understand what it means! Just how does HK know this, really?
      Oh, of course, he has to convince people of its special meaning so
      that he can be acknowledged as "the highest state of consciousness
      known to the chronicles of mankind. . . " and then he can take
      control of other people's lives! This is one technique of capturing
      his chelas and keeping them in his psychological grasp/slavery!
      Yeah, others may have seen the blue light, but it takes HK to
      educate them as to what it means--and it serves his purpose of
      positioning himself on the throne of eck!

      But why believe this at all? Why do we fall for this mahanta
      nonsense? The only blue light I remember ever seeing is the blue
      light specials at K-Mart! Do you suppose that is where HK got the
      idea of the blue light? It certainly would be a common experience
      for most people, wouldn't it!

      Does anyone have any idea of what the blue light referred to prior
      to 1969 when Twitchell created the title "mahanta?" Which came first
      the blue light special or Twitchell's term "mahanta?"

      Mish

      P.S. Have a nice holiday weekend, everyone!
    • eyesopen444
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 14, 2006
        Hi Mish!

        I saw flashes of light (mostly in white) before ekult and more
        frequently after ekult.

        A spiritualist friend says that they indicate the presence of Spirit
        or Spirits. She also said that ALL people are capable of perception if
        they desire it and put forth the time and effort to develop it. It is
        NOT limited to any one group.

        I think that twitch and the lem exploited this phenomenon for their
        own purposes. I've had far more results from non-ekult techinques.

        The lem had to acknowledge that people of other faiths saw these
        lights because many do and it has nothing to do with the mahooter. The
        more we grow in our spiritual understanding the less the lem's words
        mean. We see through his deceptions and games.

        I don't know which can first, the blue light or the mahooter but I bet
        Prometheus does!

        Happy Holiday!

        Kaye
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 14, 2006
          Hello Mish and Kaye,
          The K-Mart Blue Light Special came about in 1965 and the Mahanta was
          created by Twitch in 1969. Even Doug Marman agrees with the 1969
          date! IF Eckists would read the older Twitchell material they too
          will see this time frame. So, the K-Mart Blue Light Special came
          before Eckankar's Mahanta's Special Blue Light. LOL!

          Prior to Eckankar I would see a yellow light at times. I would awake
          during the night and see a bright yellow light and then open my eyes
          and just see black. I would then close my eyes and see the light
          again! It was like looking at a lamp with 100 watt bulb.

          It wasn't until I joined Eckankar that I started to see a blue
          light. Yet, it's written in the Eck works that chelas are expected
          to see the blue light. I expected to see it and wanted/needed to see
          it. Let's face it, unless a chela sees a blue light (etc.) they
          aren't making spiritual growth.

          However, even in "The Path of the Masters" the blue light is
          mentioned in association with the Mental Plane. All religions have
          always had members that have seen lights of various colors! It's
          nothing new or exclusive to Eckankar, BUT Klemp uses it as though it
          is.

          Eckankar associates the "blue light" to both the Mental Plane and to
          the Mahanta! Isn't it rather strange that the two - Mental Plane
          (4th) and Mahanta (14th Plane) have the same color of light
          associated with them! When one looks at the Eck God Worlds Chart the
          14th plane would be White Light and Not Blue! Yet, most Eckists are
          just programmed to think that a blue light indicates the Mahanta and
          Not the Mental Plane. Hmmmmmm I guess this is another case where
          Klemp has it both ways... like being a loving Master while calling
          some chelas "losers." Or, claiming to be the highest consciousness
          (Mahanta) and detached while bad mouthing a Third Temporary Postal
          Clerk! I wonder... what does it take to get Eckists to think? Then
          again, why whould they want to give up their bliss of ignorance!
          <smile>

          Prometheus

          eyesopen wrote:

[...]

        • one_zero1969
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2006
            Hi
            just wanted to say that I have seen the "blue light of the mahanta"
            many times. It appears in the third eye after a while in
            contemplation. it may be seen as a bluish glow or foggy blue light. I
            have also seen pinpoints of white light. the interesting thing is that
            after a while you beginn to see this blue light or white light with
            eyes open. If you continue doing the exerises the next stage is that
            you are able to see the teacher within and after a certain time also
            without.I am convinced that people following other paths would also
            have these experiences but many focus on the lower chakras during
            meditation or have never heard of the third eye.
            one_zero --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com,

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2006
              Hi All,
              I decided to let this post go up although "one_zero" sounds like a
              current Eckist. His statment sounded reasonable enough to be
              expressed, although, there will be no debate (calm or otherwise)
              about the validity of Eckankar on this site.

              First, let me say that the THIRD EYE or Tisra Til is NOT the highest
              chakra and that the highest (the CROWN chakra) is still an ASTRAL
              PLANE chakra. Eckankar even admits and shows on the Eck God Worlds
              chart that the BLUE LIGHT is associated with the MENTAL PLANE. Most
              people will "see" a blue light from time-to-time, and this is why
              Eckankar has claimed this as an experience with the "Mahanta." Just
              believe the rewrite and VOILA'- it is so! This is why Eckists are
              told to use their "imaginations" because it helps them to believe the
              distortions of facts and truth and opens them up to more and more
              delusion. Therefore, seeing "Eck Masters" on the outer and inner
              becomes a programmed mental expectation for these unbalanced and
              delusional Eckists because they need to believe and to see them!
              There is a lot of pressure on Eckists to see and
              experience "spiritual" things and link it all to the phoney Mahanta.

              James Davis wrote the Eck book "The Rosetta Stone of God" and told
              all about his experiences with the Mahanta that most High Initiates
              came to envy. What pressure this was to start to "see"
              and "experience" the same as James Davis! Yet, James is NO LONGER AN
              ECKIST! He has rejected his "Eck experiences" with the Mahanta. The
              experiences we have are with our own higher Self that takes on
              different mental (and visual) outer & inner forms! Therefore, We
              become (and are) our own Teachers and Masters. Twitchell, Gross, and
              now Klemp just took/take credit for it all!

              Prometheus
              p.s. Great posts everyone!