Re: Father Anthony de Mello

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2006
      Hi Kaye,
      I too enjoy your participation, suggestions, and insights as we
      analyse and explore the spiritual con of eckankult and other more
      valid areas of interest. I've read Dyer and have seen some of his
      talks many years ago, and I have read some very good books on St.
      Francis. Have you seen the film titled, Brother Sun Sister Moon? I
      think I'll check Amazon.com to see if it's on DVD and order it if it
      is.

      Yes, you make a good point about doing a comparative read of
      Eckankar (especially Klemp's nonsense) and with other sources like
      Father de Mello, Wayne Dyer, St Francis, etc. The gap widens and
      Klemp is left in the dust as one reads material of substance.
      Eckists are not only discouraged to read this other material, BUT
      when they do the delusional mind set is that it came from the Eck
      (everything is Eck) or that the Mahanta directed them to this
      material. Therefore, everything good Klemp (the Mahanta) gets credit
      for and everything bad falls on the chela! It's a win/win for Klemp
      where's he's always the "winner" while the chela ends up
      the "loser." The problem is that SPIRIT is not exclusive to
      Eckankar, although, copyrights like "ECK" are. And, chelas seem to
      be confused of this fact because they are taught to look down upon
      other religions. Eckists can quote Klemp saying one thing here and
      another thing over there, BUT the message is loud and clear...
      Eckists are "superior normal!" [09/2003 H.I. Letter]

      I don't think I harbor any really bad feelings towards Twitchell,
      Gross, or Klemp anymore than I do for President Bush. I dislike what
      they and other negative individuals in leadership positions (or
      otherwise) have done, and do, to humankind. I feel strongly enough
      that I have to speak out against them. One can help to raise
      awareness in many varied areas. The Eckankar scam, of Twitchell's
      creation, is one subject that I know something about. However, the
      best sources are those who have been there and who have the inner
      working knowledge and experience to sort out the distortions and
      piece together the truth. Thank GOD for the whistle-blowers in
      societies around the world (in the past and today)! I too would
      still be in Eckankar if it wasn't for having read Ford Johnson's
      book "Confessions of a God Seeker."

      Anyway, I finally understood why all of those goofy non-spiritual
      people were High Initiates! The confusion began to clear and the
      sanity of Self was eventually restored. I no longer was standing in
      line waiting for "initiations" and validation of My own
      consciousness! The Freedom from all burdens of Eck dogma was so
      refreshing! I recommend Non-Eckankar to every Eckist! LOL! BUT,
      let's face it... religion is for those who aren't ready for
      Spiritual Freedom. Religions are Kal traps... even those starting
      out with the best of intentions. The Truth Seeker uses everything
      and everyone as his/her teacher for he/she (It, Soul) is the true
      Master!

      Prometheus

      eyesopen wrote:

      Hi Mish,

      I'm so happy that you like these types of posts. I was worried that
      people might feel that I was being too pushy or preachy (sp?) with
      these. When I come across something that touches me I just have to
      share it! :)

      I suggested books by Dr. Wayne Dyer to Christy in a previous post. If
      you're not familiar with him, he has his own web site and his books
      are listed on amazon. You probably would enjoy him too. He tells you
      to look within for God and uses examples from very spiritual people
      like Mother Theresa, Father de Mello and St. Francis and also some
      extraordinary, everyday folks. When I started reading his books
      instead of a steady diet of just ebooks, I really started noticing
      the inconsistencies and nonsense. Sometimes all it takes is a
      healthier point of view to turn a situation around. I left ekult and
      haven't looked back. I also harbour no bad feelings about the
      experience because I would only hurt myself if I did. I do, however,
      like to analyze, point out and ask questions to learn as much as I
      can from it. These sites and all of you who participate never
      disappoint! I always come away with some new piece to the puzzle or
      something that I didn't realize before and it helps!

      Thanks! :D

      Have a good weekend!

      Kaye
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2006
        Kaye,

        You are a breath of fresh air! : ) It's great to read other's ideas
        and experiences. It's wonderful to have proactive members! And I
        truly love all that you contribute--you're opening new doors to
        explore for sure! Thanks again for not just reading but for posting
        too! The more the merrier! : )

        Mish

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "eyesopen444"
        <eyesopen444@...> wrote:

        Hi Mish,

        I'm so happy that you like these types of posts. I was worried that
        people might feel that I was being too pushy or preachy (sp?) with
        these. When I come across something that touches me I just have to
        share it! :)

        I suggested books by Dr. Wayne Dyer to Christy in a previous post. If
        you're not familiar with him, he has his own web site and his books
        are listed on amizon. You probably would enjoy him too. He tells you