Re: Father Anthony de Mello

  • eyesopen444
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2006
      Hi Mish,

      I'm so happy that you like these types of posts. I was worried that
      people might feel that I was being too pushy or preachy (sp?) with
      these. When I come across something that touches me I just have to
      share it! :)

      I suggested books by Dr. Wayne Dyer to Christy in a previous post. If
      you're not familiar with him, he has his own web site and his books
      are listed on amizon. You probably would enjoy him too. He tells you
      to look within for God and uses examples from very spiritual people
      like Mother Theresa, Father de Mello and St. Francis and also some
      extraordinary, everyday folks. When I started reading his books
      instead of a steady diet of just ebooks, I really started noticing the
      inconsistencies and nonsense. Sometimes all it takes is a healthier
      point of view to turn a situation around. I left ekult and haven't
      looked back. I also harbour no bad feelings about the experience
      because I would only hurt myself if I did. I do, however, like to
      analyze, point out and ask questions to learn as much as I can from
      it. These sites and all of you who participate never disappoint! I
      always come away with some new piece to the puzzle or something that I
      didn't realize before and it helps!

      Thanks! :D

      Have a good weekend!

      Kaye
    • eyesopen444
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2006
        Hi Mish,

        On my previous post-I hit the wrong key it should read "AMAZON" not
        amizon (Whoops) I don't have the best typing skills!

        Have Fun!

        Kaye
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 8, 2006
          Hi Kaye,
          I too enjoy your participation, suggestions, and insights as we
          analyse and explore the spiritual con of eckankult and other more
          valid areas of interest. I've read Dyer and have seen some of his
          talks many years ago, and I have read some very good books on St.
          Francis. Have you seen the film titled, Brother Sun Sister Moon? I
          think I'll check Amazon.com to see if it's on DVD and order it if it
          is.

          Yes, you make a good point about doing a comparative read of
          Eckankar (especially Klemp's nonsense) and with other sources like
          Father de Mello, Wayne Dyer, St Francis, etc. The gap widens and
          Klemp is left in the dust as one reads material of substance.
          Eckists are not only discouraged to read this other material, BUT
          when they do the delusional mind set is that it came from the Eck
          (everything is Eck) or that the Mahanta directed them to this
          material. Therefore, everything good Klemp (the Mahanta) gets credit
          for and everything bad falls on the chela! It's a win/win for Klemp
          where's he's always the "winner" while the chela ends up
          the "loser." The problem is that SPIRIT is not exclusive to
          Eckankar, although, copyrights like "ECK" are. And, chelas seem to
          be confused of this fact because they are taught to look down upon
          other religions. Eckists can quote Klemp saying one thing here and
          another thing over there, BUT the message is loud and clear...
          Eckists are "superior normal!" [09/2003 H.I. Letter]

          I don't think I harbor any really bad feelings towards Twitchell,
          Gross, or Klemp anymore than I do for President Bush. I dislike what
          they and other negative individuals in leadership positions (or
          otherwise) have done, and do, to humankind. I feel strongly enough
          that I have to speak out against them. One can help to raise
          awareness in many varied areas. The Eckankar scam, of Twitchell's
          creation, is one subject that I know something about. However, the
          best sources are those who have been there and who have the inner
          working knowledge and experience to sort out the distortions and
          piece together the truth. Thank GOD for the whistle-blowers in
          societies around the world (in the past and today)! I too would
          still be in Eckankar if it wasn't for having read Ford Johnson's
          book "Confessions of a God Seeker."

          Anyway, I finally understood why all of those goofy non-spiritual
          people were High Initiates! The confusion began to clear and the
          sanity of Self was eventually restored. I no longer was standing in
          line waiting for "initiations" and validation of My own
          consciousness! The Freedom from all burdens of Eck dogma was so
          refreshing! I recommend Non-Eckankar to every Eckist! LOL! BUT,
          let's face it... religion is for those who aren't ready for
          Spiritual Freedom. Religions are Kal traps... even those starting
          out with the best of intentions. The Truth Seeker uses everything
          and everyone as his/her teacher for he/she (It, Soul) is the true
          Master!

          Prometheus

          eyesopen wrote:

          Hi Mish,

          I'm so happy that you like these types of posts. I was worried that
          people might feel that I was being too pushy or preachy (sp?) with
          these. When I come across something that touches me I just have to
          share it! :)

          I suggested books by Dr. Wayne Dyer to Christy in a previous post. If
          you're not familiar with him, he has his own web site and his books
          are listed on amazon. You probably would enjoy him too. He tells you

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 8, 2006
            Kaye,

            You are a breath of fresh air! : ) It's great to read other's ideas
            and experiences. It's wonderful to have proactive members! And I
            truly love all that you contribute--you're opening new doors to
            explore for sure! Thanks again for not just reading but for posting
            too! The more the merrier! : )

            Mish

            --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "eyesopen444"