Re: The Purpose of Anti-Eckankar Sites

  • eyesopen444
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 31, 2006
      Mishmisha9 wrote:

      Hi, Everyone!

      This is a repost from Aug. 2005. I thought I would bring it back to
      the forefront because it explains the purpose (IMO) of anti-eckankar
      sites such as ESA. Those who remember this post, I hope you don't
      mind re-reading, and to anyone new who hasn't read it yet, I hope
      you enjoy!

      *********************************
      It is always interesting that when you speak up about seeing the
      truth or that you present a differing perspective that people--
      Eckies and newly ex-Eckies--misunderstand the real purpose of these
      discussions and tag us as being angry and not moving on. Well, I
      have moved on, but I feel a responsibility to share my Eckankar
      experiences and knowledge with others who are still under its spell.
      The easiest path would be to just forget it! But what about the
      others--who have doubts and questions? If you Eckies are reading
      this, yes, you have doubts and questions--that is what really draws
      you here! Otherwise, your faith would be so strong, you wouldn't
      feel the need to protect it! : ) Plus, if we don't speak out, the
      truth will just be buried once more and the delusion/lies/deceptions
      will continue.

      For those of you, who still view Eckankar as a nice stepping stone
      for your spiritual unfoldment, well, that is really nonsense. Sure,
      you learned something while in there about yourself, but that would
      have happened as well without Eckankar. If you are really honest and
      can see the truth, your unfoldment was at your own hand and not
      because of those dumb teachings in Eckankar. The experiences we have
      in living are what unfolds us! When we feel and acknowledge Spirit
      working through us, especially during hard and puzzling times, we
      grow more Spiritually! No master or false teaching help in these
      matters. So, my advice is to quit defending your time in Eckankar by
      making the excuse that there are so many valuable truths and lessons
      to be found there--it's okay that you were duped, but now you're
      not, so you can express yourself otherwise--you can be angry and you
      can be honest! By doing so, rather than confusing, you will truly
      help others to escape and even avoid the Eck experience! Plus, it is
      very therapeutic, really! And fun! : )

      I like this site, because it affords so much freedom to express that
      which has amazed as well as annoyed us when we realized the truth
      about Eckankar! Thanks!

      Mish

      > > from another post, Prometheus wrote:
      > > p.s. To those Eckies out there... It's not that we are angry
      about being lied to for years upon years... okay, maybe it is! At
      least we are allowed to be angry and to feel emotion without the
      guilt of being "Astral!" There is no shame after Eck-in-Crap... only
      freedom without the fear of retaliation! Let's face it... all of you
      have to watch what you say... can you talk about Ford, or what is
      mentioned on these sites by former Eckists... of course Not! Why?
      Because you can lose that next initiation or position or even be put
      back to a 1st like Graham!

      ME:

      Hi Everyone!

      I'm pleased to express my reasons for reading/posting on ESA and ET.
      First of all, I'm glad they exist! In all the years I spent reading
      ekult books and discourses and those spiritual exercises - it seemed
      to me that I got as far as I was ever going to get in ekult within the
      first five years or so. I had too many other things going on in my
      life to pursue another path, so I trusted ekult and repressed my
      questions and doubts and hoped for the best. The thing about Spirit
      (IMHO) is that It will not be content to remain on a dead-end path. It
      is our spiritual nature to desire continued growth and more knowledge.
      My unanswered questions and unease with ekult kept returning.

      I contacted my area HI and "joined in" at a few worship services,
      which turned out to be pretty bizarre. I met long time members, some
      expressed self-doubt and couldn't understand why they had not achieved
      a higher initiation level (this is such an effective control
      technique, I'm sorry to say), others seemed almost manic with their
      efforts to appear happy and sooo full of Spirit. All this did was
      creep me out and I KNEW that I wasn't going to get any answers from
      these people.

      The next logical step in my mind was to check out the internet.<SMILE>
      I quickly found these "anti-eck" sites and spent several weekends
      exploring every link and site that I could find. When I first learned
      the truth, I was shocked and hurt but also fascinated. I'll admit, I
      was also angry! But, because of these sites, I felt the comfort of not
      being alone, I enjoyed the humor shared and was able to forgive myself
      for being taken in by such a scam.

      I thank Prometheus, Sharon, Liz, Mish, Alf and all of the other great
      posters on these sites. HUGS to you all! I don't think that I would
      have worked through this as quickly or as well without your help.
      THANK YOU!!

      I didn't join out of anger, revenge or hatred. Quite the opposite.
      I joined because I want to help those who will follow and are now
      where we all once were.

      I don't consider these "anti-eck" sites but rather as a source of
      TRUTH. These sites would not be needed if ekult was not a sham and HK
      would tell the truth. People are being hurt and balance is needed.

      Thanks for listening.

      Have Fun!

      Kaye