"Miracle of Love" cult has similarities with Eckankar

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2006
      Hi All,
      I saw the site on this cult given on eckankartruth and though that I
      would post it here.

      http://www.pacificsun.com/

      This March 17, 2006 article is very interesting by showing how some
      cults adopt very intense brainwashing techniques. Others, like
      Eckankar, take a more gentle, and sometimes, indirect approach and
      do the brainwashing slightly differently and over a longer period of
      time. The brainwashing results are very similar in regards to the
      delusion that each cult member experiences. However, the more
      intense the brainwashing seems to equate to there being more intense
      and negative results!

      I was interested to see that this reporter found IRS records on this
      group. I wonder what the IRS records on Eckankar would reveal? This
      is one advantage that Eckankar has in moving to Minnesota- Non-
      Profit Organizations can keep their financial records private!