Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: hello friends

  • Greg and Liz
    Message 1 of 13 , May 23, 2005

      mishmisha9 <mishmisha9@...> wrote:

      Anyway, I wanted to ask about Darwin Gross. Was he the spiritual
      leader who was after Helen Frye's property and money in Sedona, AZ?
      I wonder what his relationship was to her, as in how involved he was
      with her? Curious.

      Mish

      ***  For those that may not have seen this link before, check out the info at

      http://www.geocities.com/sedonalegendhelenfrye/page9.html

      .....it was pretty obvious to most that Darwin was a dog, in respects to sniffing out a wealthy elderly women and using his charms to get what he wanted.... sleaze is a better word!  Your question about the relationship, well I suppose people could speculate and imply he was her boy toy, yet I believe he was just an unethical jerk.  I believe Gail was having a relationship with Darwin, but who knows the twist and turns of how that went too?  Maybe Darwin did what he had to do, for the money....    Many of us that lived in Arizona during this time, remember the rumors....  I had a couple friends that worked on the property, who questioned Darwin's motives, and weren't very pleased, but like most cult puppies, turned a blind eye.  One of my friends did leave the cult shortly after his few years of working there.

      If any of you are members to also Sharon's group eckankartruth, you can search the archives and read some of the postings / info on this.  A DavidP posts very rarely, but WAS actually in the thick of some of the hearings concerning this topic back in the day.....

      At one time the web site link I listed above mentioned Eckankar, but now as I quickly scan the page (which seems to have been edited since I last took a look), I only see reference to an "esoteric group".  Did the creator of the web site have to remove Eckankar from the page for legal reasons?  Does anyone know, or knew this was changed and why?  And as a side note, public records are available due to the "Freedom of information act", allowing someone to research further who was named in all this....

      Message 2 of 13 , May 23, 2005
        Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it was Darwin, because I really
        don't know these time lines in eck history. I wonder how Darwin
        measures up to Harold as far as being a spiritual leader? : )
        Actually, when you look at Harold, it is amazing that he is a leader
        of anything. He doesn't have the looks or the personality.

        Mish

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Greg and Liz