HK's unknown quote from-How To Win Friends & Influence People

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2006
      Very good Kaye! I'm impressed! Yes, this Dale Carnegie book is
      recommended reading for all Eck Leaders! I'm not surprised that
      Klemp took this quote out of its context, BUT why didn't he give the
      source of the quote? Perhaps the source also implies that Eckists
      are being taught business/psychological manipulation techniques, and
      more subtle vahana/missionary methods at bringing innocents into the
      ekult. However, this is the H.I. Letter and not for the public so
      why didn't he give the source? Maybe HK didn't want the H.I.s to
      locate the entire quote for some reason. Any thoughts on this?

      Prometheus

      eyesopen wrote:

      Hi Prometheus!

      I know where that PARTIAL quote comes from!!

      You wrote:

      In this 03/2006 H.I. Letter Klemp begins with a quote from an
      unknown source, "An astute observer once said, 'A man convinced
      against his will is of the same opinion still.' Klemp repeats this
      quote THREE times in this article.

      ME:
      Here's the source:

      Why prove to a man he is wrong? Is that going to make him like you?
      Why not let him save face? He didn't ask for your opinion. He didn't
      want it. Why argue with him? You can't win an argument, because if
      you lose, you lose it; and if you win it, you lose it. Why? You will
      feel fine. But what about him? You have made him feel inferior, you
      hurt his pride, insult his intelligence, his judgment, and his self-
      respect, and he'll resent your triumph. That will make him strike
      back, but it will never make him want to change his mind.**** "A man
      convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."****
      Tell a Friend-Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends and Influence People

      ME: GEE! I wonder why he left all the rest of this quote out??
      <giggle>

      Have a good one!

      Kaye