Re: Challenging some of Ekult's absolute truths

  • ctecvie
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2006
      Hi Kaye,

      welcome! Good that you joined us here - I enjoyed your posts on ET
      very much.

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "eyesopen444"
      <eyesopen444@...> wrote:

      > Hello Prometheus and everyone,
      >
      > I've been enjoying your posts and wanted to join in, if you don't
      >mind.
      >
      > As an ex-member turned observer of klemp and ekult, I would like to
      > challenge some of ekult's absolute truths.
      >
      > 1) The concept that twitch/gross/klemp each, in turn, serve as the
      > physical manifestation of God.
      >
      > ME: Why would the source of ALL that exists in all planes of
      >existence
      > both known and unknown to us HAVE to manifest in the physical?
      > Especially in such dubious vessels and by such dubious methods?
      >Twitch
      > through plagiarism - gross's appointment by twitch's widow - klemp
      >by
      > a Machiavellian take over.

      I remember an ex-eckist saying that, looking at the vessels in
      question, he rather quit Eckankar than have anything to do with them
      any further! LOL!

      > 2) The concept that we are all trapped by karma and reincarnation
      >and
      > bound to this physical plane until we join ekult and have the lem's
      > protection. The lem's claim that he can take on our karma and
      > intervene in our lives. The claim that we can "burn off" karma by
      > monthly initiate reports, Friday fasts and of course, by those
      > initiation levels.

      This is necessary in order to keep the chelas trapped! The burning
      off of karma is something you have to believe in - you can't prove
      it as long as you are alive! I think this is ridiculous to burn off
      karma by fasting on Friday!

      > ME: Doesn't this make a joke of the whole concept of karma? Karma,
      > me, isn't about punishment, BUT is more about lessons in life. If
      >we
      > learn the lesson, we move on, if not we repeat it until we do.

      Ah - you have recognized the importance of the "BUT"! LOL! For me,
      karma is just cause and effect. Anything we do has an effect, and
      it's absolutely neutral. It's like going to work - you work and get
      paid - cause and effect = karma. :-))

      >What if
      > reincarnation is optional? We have a beautiful world to live in,
      >aside
      > from the problems we create, BUT, let's face it, our world is only
      > dust speck in the whole of existence. Surely there are other places
      > and opportunities for continued growth!

      We do have a beautiful world to live in - and eckists, so much like
      any followers of any other religion, just want to leave it behind. I
      never could understand that while still in Eckankar. OK, I
      understand it if life is hard for somebody. I always found life here
      great, and still do!

      > 3) Ekult is the path of unconditional love, uplifting spiritual
      >growth
      > and the most direct path to God.
      >
      > ME: How can you find any sort of love in these teachings? They are
      > manipulative and used to implant fear and dependency. How can one
      >grow
      > emotionally, mentally and especially spiritually by being fearful
      >and
      > dependent?

      You can't grow emotionally in Eckankar! It's impossible because all
      you have to do is to get rid of your emotions. Remember the middle
      path! LOL!

      > Thanks for listening and good night.

      Thanks for posting ... :-)