Re: I'm a late bloomer

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, ewickings@...
      wrote:

      I was recently introduced to the web site Wikipedia and went
      looking
      for Eckankrap, and it is obvious the cultbots have had their hands
      in
      editing this info. Hmmm I haven't had a chance to really go over
      this
      site and it's editing guidelines. Has anyone else in this group?

      _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckankar_
      (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckankar)

      Liz

      The only difference between an extraordinary life and an ordinary
      one is the extraordinary pleasures you find in ordinary things.

      Hi, Liz!

      Enjoyed your posts! Glad you're back! : )

      I took a quick look at the Wikipedia site. I clicked on the General
      disclaimer which states this:

      "Use Wikipedia at your own risk - Wikipedia does not give medical
      advice - Wikipedia does not give legal opinions - Wikipedia contains
      SPOILERS (my caps) and content you may find objectionable."

      It further states, "The structure of the project allows anyone with
      an
      Internet connection and World Wide Web browser to alter its content.
      Please be advised that nothing found here has necessarily been
      reviewed by professionals with the expertise required to provide you
      with complete, accurate or reliable information."

      In bold print, it is stated, "Wikipedia cannot guarantee the
      validity
      of the information found here." "The content of any given article
      may
      recently have been changed, vadalized or altered by someone whose
      opinion does not correspond with the state of knoweledge in the
      relevant fields."

      And it goes on. Here's the page link for the complete disclaimer:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:General_disclaimer

      I don't see that the information contained on any Wikipedia page can
      be held valid since anyone can edit the information and twist the
      facts. I think that Paul Twitchell would have found this a great
      playground! LOL!

      On another note, doesn't it make you wonder what other sites are
      twisting facts and truth, manipulating and confusing the unimformed
      and gullible reader? Geez!

      Mish
    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
        <mishmisha9@...> wrote:

        > I don't see that the information contained on any Wikipedia page
        can be held valid since anyone can edit the information

        *** My point exactly! So there you go all you eck detractors ;-)))

        > I think that Paul Twitchell would have found this a great
        > playground! LOL!

        *** Don't you all just love playgrounds? I do....

        > On another note, doesn't it make you wonder what other sites are
        > twisting facts and truth, manipulating and confusing the unimformed
        > and gullible reader? Geez!
        >
        > Mish

        *** Yes that was a thought I had too, one reason why I pointed this
        out about Wikipedia! Can you imagine the battle between eckankrap
        swordsmen, and the cult busters? I can think of two people that
        could take on the job and be excellent at it!!! Hmmmm ;-)
      • ctecvie
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
          Hello Liz and Mish,

          first of all, welcome back, Liz! I really enjoy your posts!

          > > On another note, doesn't it make you wonder what other sites are
          > > twisting facts and truth, manipulating and confusing the
          unimformed
          > > and gullible reader? Geez!
          > >
          > > Mish
          > >

          > *** Yes that was a thought I had too, one reason why I pointed
          >this
          > out about Wikipedia! Can you imagine the battle between eckankrap
          > swordsmen, and the cult busters? I can think of two people that
          > could take on the job and be excellent at it!!! Hmmmm ;-)

          +++ The thing is that anything anybody has written at any time is
          recorded there. Even if somebody deletes it, it's in the records and
          can be found easily. I had my playground there already, it's fun. :-
          ) I shocked one of my eckist acquaintances by stating my experiences
          on the discussion page. :-) They are in the archives now (not in
          English).