I'm a late bloomer

  • ewickings@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
      I was recently introduced to the web site Wikipedia and went looking for Eckankrap, and it is obvious the cultbots have had their hands in editing this info. Hmmm I haven't had a chance to really go over this site and it's editing guidelines. Has anyone else in this group?

      Liz

      The only difference between an extraordinary life and an ordinary one is the extraordinary pleasures you find in ordinary things.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, ewickings@...

        _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckankar_
        (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckankar)

        Liz

        The only difference between an extraordinary life and an ordinary
        one is the extraordinary pleasures you find in ordinary things.

        Hi, Liz!

        Enjoyed your posts! Glad you're back! : )

        I took a quick look at the Wikipedia site. I clicked on the General
        disclaimer which states this:

        "Use Wikipedia at your own risk - Wikipedia does not give medical
        advice - Wikipedia does not give legal opinions - Wikipedia contains
        SPOILERS (my caps) and content you may find objectionable."

        It further states, "The structure of the project allows anyone with
        an
        Internet connection and World Wide Web browser to alter its content.
        Please be advised that nothing found here has necessarily been
        reviewed by professionals with the expertise required to provide you
        with complete, accurate or reliable information."

        In bold print, it is stated, "Wikipedia cannot guarantee the
        validity
        of the information found here." "The content of any given article
        may
        recently have been changed, vadalized or altered by someone whose
        opinion does not correspond with the state of knoweledge in the
        relevant fields."

        And it goes on. Here's the page link for the complete disclaimer:

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:General_disclaimer

        I don't see that the information contained on any Wikipedia page can
        be held valid since anyone can edit the information and twist the
        facts. I think that Paul Twitchell would have found this a great
        playground! LOL!

        On another note, doesn't it make you wonder what other sites are
        twisting facts and truth, manipulating and confusing the unimformed
        and gullible reader? Geez!

        Mish
      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
          <mishmisha9@...> wrote:

          > I don't see that the information contained on any Wikipedia page
          can be held valid since anyone can edit the information

          *** My point exactly! So there you go all you eck detractors ;-)))

          > I think that Paul Twitchell would have found this a great
          > playground! LOL!

          *** Don't you all just love playgrounds? I do....

          > On another note, doesn't it make you wonder what other sites are
          > twisting facts and truth, manipulating and confusing the unimformed
          > and gullible reader? Geez!
          >
          > Mish

          *** Yes that was a thought I had too, one reason why I pointed this
          out about Wikipedia! Can you imagine the battle between eckankrap
          swordsmen, and the cult busters? I can think of two people that
          could take on the job and be excellent at it!!! Hmmmm ;-)
        • ctecvie
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
            Hello Liz and Mish,

            first of all, welcome back, Liz! I really enjoy your posts!

            > > On another note, doesn't it make you wonder what other sites are
            > > twisting facts and truth, manipulating and confusing the
            unimformed
            > > and gullible reader? Geez!
            > >
            > > Mish
            > >

            > *** Yes that was a thought I had too, one reason why I pointed
            >this
            > out about Wikipedia! Can you imagine the battle between eckankrap
            > swordsmen, and the cult busters? I can think of two people that
            > could take on the job and be excellent at it!!! Hmmmm ;-)

            +++ The thing is that anything anybody has written at any time is
            recorded there. Even if somebody deletes it, it's in the records and
            can be found easily. I had my playground there already, it's fun. :-
            ) I shocked one of my eckist acquaintances by stating my experiences
            on the discussion page. :-) They are in the archives now (not in
            English).