Eckankar: 03/2006 The Wisdom Notes #2

  • Gnothe Seauton
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2006
      Klemp previously discussed health and karma and now goes on to health and the environment. His THIRD topic involves negative elements and thoughts... an area where he tends to excel. : )

      [HK] "Now let's turn to aging. It's a time when things start to catch up with us. People today are subject to the damage that humans have done to the environment--to the air, land, and sea. Pollutants hit them high and low."

      [Me] Why would aging catch up to the Mahanta? Can't he live as long as 500-60,000 years in his physical body? After all, doesn't Klemp, the 973rd LEM/Mahanta, have a Higher Consciousness than any previous Mahanta?!!!

      [HK] "Many people don't or won't recognize the connection between the despoiled environment and their own health. Sickness and disease stalk into their lives as if the laws of cause and effect are suspended in matters of health. A hammer hits a thumbnail. Ouch! (Sure, BUT that's a different thing.)" [3rd BUT]

      [Me] Karma is Karma! Whether we choose to be born with specific genetic predispositions and as male or female or of a different race, culture, and environmental locale. However, the hammer hitting the thumbnail is the same... just a different type of Karma. Klemp is wrong when he implies otherwise. Remember the story of when Klemp, in his basement, was almost overcome by fumes from the chemicals he was using! He created his own poisonious environment and health hazzard that time! Not much awareness or all-knowingness there! Yet, (as a 14th Initiate) he created this negative situation on his own from his own lack of attention (consciousness) to detail.

      [HK] "So what is aging? It's a gradual or sudden deteriorating that affects all living things. The damaged environment is one of many contributing factors that leads to death, for all living things must one day die."

      [Me] It really seems to me that Klemp is thinking more and more of his own mortality. He is 63 and Not, always, in the best of health. I wonder why he isn't mentioning that there is No real death for Soul and that life and death are just cycles! Why such focus on the material without connecting it, in perspective to balance, with the spiritual?

      [HK] "To give yourself an edge to better health, get rid of all negative elements in your life that you are aware of. And keep your focus on the good things. As one thinks, so does he become. Thoughts are things. They have the power to build or destroy."

      [Me] Well, Klemp should know all about negative thoughts, words, and deeds! The way in which he has dealt with Eck Master/Mahanta Darwin Gross has been shameful. Where's the love and forgiveness. Is referring to some chelas as "losers" negative or positive? This is why Klemp suffers from Karma just like anyone else! He is of a Lower Consciousness than many of his chelas and is just a circus (clown) act! Klemp is just a figure-head who tries to live up to the phoney image that Twitchell created for himself.

      [HK] "For example, in country-and-western music there are both upbeat and downbeat songs. Listen only to the upbeat or happy or funny ones. Put away the songs about about mates cheating on each other, tragedy, crimes, pity, and every other negative song as well. The echoes of negative music must have their play. Accept that! The negative echoes must die out before one may see an improvement in his health."

      [Me] What I find extremely odd is that Klemp is just now getting rid of his "negative" country-and-western music. He discussed this very same topic in his 10/2005 EWWS talk. Klemp's advice, however, is flawed in many ways. For example, a song's music can sound very happy and "upbeat" until one pays attention and listens to the lyrics. Also, some music (classical) doesn't have to have lyrics to be "downbeat." However, BALANCE is always key to anything! Apparently, Klemp hasn't learned this! Therefore, how can Klemp really be a "Master of Masters" when it's taken him this long to figure out what many of us have known for years! The Field of Action is where we learn the most (with Negative and Positive) Not from living in a cave and believing in, and continuing, the delusional and distorted CON of Paul Twitchell.

      [HK] "And pay attention to related fields too. Watch the quality of your reading, TV shows, computer games, opinions (speak well of all people, at all times)."

      [Me] Should Eckists watch the nightly news or become like an ostrich? To eliminate some Negative reading would mean to Not read some ECKANKAR books! Just the books where people are threatened, if they should leave Eckankar, or the books where chelas are called "losers." As far as opinions go... it seems that Klemp wants to play censor. Maybe Klemp will also start to rate and approve books and movies as does the Catholic Church, and fundamentalist Christianity and Islam does! If he can't take the heat then he must have something to fear... like Truth!

      [HK] "Talk shows can be very damaging. The hosts often try to rile their listeners so they'll call in to express their outrage. Find your tolerance level to old, negative influences around you. Don't exceed those limits. Work toward eliminating them. So give yourself an edge in matters of health."

      [Me] The talk shows I listen to are lighter and humorous, although, they cover serious topics (The Daily Show and Cobert Report... also Jay Leno). Sometimes I'll listen to the others, however, better news coverage comes from outside of the U.S. Rather than "tolerance" I would say that Balance is the key. One should Not just look at only one side of an issue... this is limiting! Be open to all opinions and all knowledge and use what makes sense, works for you, and feels right! However, know that imagination and wisdom exceeds knowledge!

      Prometheus

      Yahoo! Mail
    • ewickings@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2006
        In a message dated 3/7/2006 5:57:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, prometheus_973@... writes:
        Klemp previously discussed health and karma and now goes on to health and the environment. His THIRD topic involves negative elements and thoughts... an area where he tends to excel. : )
        ****  You know I find all of the examples Klemp gives his followers pretty old school! Look at any of the other cult leaders and they say the same basic things! Not only does Klemp recycle his old talks and BS, he is also recycling the *prophecies* of other group leaders. Anyone remember one of his comments years ago when he listed the New Year Themes for each upcoming Spiritual New Year, and included that other religions were focusing on similar themes. Yet I believe he took credit for their ideas, since he is the Godman of the universe and these lowly others haven't recognized he has planted those seeds into their consciousness....

        Klemp has listed aging and matters of health, pollutants and the effects on the environment, and quote "To give yourself an edge to better health, get rid of all negative elements in your life that you are aware of. And keep your focus on the good things. As one thinks, so does he become. Thoughts are things. They have the power to build or destroy. Dump the negative music, books, TV, radio, computer games, (HEY wasn't he into games, video arcade games that is!) and he also listed opinions (speak well of all people, at all times)." Yet Klemp calls people LOSERS!!!!   LOL    Remember too, how he takes credit for natural disasters such as Earth Quakes, Hurricanes etc claiming it is the Eckankrap Godman cleaning out an area, or hey don't forget there is a Seminar coming up!

        What is sad about this is, so many of the followers live and breath every word this guy dishes out. Think about all those HIs that no longer receive discourses.  They live on this bland diet of Mystic World, elementary at best rantings of Klemp's, and lets not forget the HI Newsletter. Come on, are they that hungry that they feel what he is saying is something new, spiritual and enlightening? Recycle, recycle, recycle....  When he should just FLUSH!    Klemp points out *obviously ridiculous* life issues, that anyone with half a brain should already be aware of, and makes it his own Golden Wisdom for the quarterly letters!

        I enjoy watching the Ellen show, American Idol, House, Bones and a few other distractions to pass the time. Better than Klemps mindless drivel...   (Give me the obnoxious, arrogant dry humor of HOUSE any day!!!!!  I just Love Hugh Laurie)

        Liz