Telling the people what they want to hear

  • pretujari
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16 7:32 AM
      A new type of Christian church is spreading in Africa and other
      poorer parts of the world. These are the churches who preach what is
      termed `Prosperity Gospel.' While not taking anything away from their
      message, I merely wish to point out why such churches will sell in
      poverty-stricken areas.

      The unbearable conditions many people suffer on this earth have
      caused the earth to be described as an `ash-can' by religions such as
      Eckankar. But this is only an important marketing tool for such
      religions. It makes it easier for people to buy into the concept of
      the promised better life in the hereafter. For example, that
      Eckankar's LEM is here to deliver souls from this world into the
      better inner worlds.

      However, this is a wrong concept big time. It is wrong because the
      harsh conditions of this earth are just what soul needs to polish
      itself to spiritual maturity. The reason we're here is not how fast
      we can cop out of here, but how best we can survive and learn all
      that we came here to learn in this cycle.

      So until we go out and experience and learn all that we must on this
      earth we will not qualify for the next world. It is not a wholesale
      promotions system. Nobody is promoted to the next class unless they
      qualify. And no `Mahanta, the LEM [Master Klemp] has the ability and
      authority to alter any individual's fate.' Do Eckists really believe
      this h.s of Klemp's? Of course, they would, because they are under a
      spell. There is an African proverb which says, `If a naked person
      says he will give you a piece of cloth, just look at him first.'

      In any case, what makes anyone think they can make it over there, in
      a higher world, if they cannot cope with conditions here?

      It is all a matter of deceiving the people by telling them what their
      conditions make them wish to hear.

      Ed
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16 4:49 PM
        Hello Ed,
        I'm curious as to what Ford Johnson talked about when he visited
        Africa as a representative/speaker for Eckankar? I saw where he gave
        a talk in Palo Alto, CA. on Jan. 22, 2000 when he was still a member
        of Eckankar on "100 Miracles, Achieving Success Through Spirit."

        Prometheus