Re: Eckankar: The Wisdom Notes by H.Klemp-Dec. 2005

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2006

      First I'd like to quote Klemp from page one of the December 2005
      H.I. Letter:

      [HK] "People who haven't had your experiences would have no idea
      what you're talking about. So we don't share much. The only way to
      understand is to go through a similar experience. So we come to live
      more in silence about the secret things than we'd planned to do."

      12/2005 The Mystic World of Eckankar-The Wisdom Notes by HK

      [HK] An ECK Initiate received a pink slip for the Sixth
      Initiation. "I was so surprised!" she said.

      Recent dreams and waking dreams had alerted her to the fact. For
      expample, in one dream another Higher Initiate said the pink slip
      would arrive sooner than she thought. Yet she was so focused on her
      work that she paid little attention. The work in front of her was
      more important.

      The day of the initiation, before the initiation began, she said to
      the Initiator that while the ECK initiation was very important to
      her, she felt that serving was of even more importance.

      He smiled and said, in effect, "That's why we're here, and that's
      why you're here today."

      Then the initiation began. Contemplating on the holy Light and
      Sound, she heard the sound of the wind as she'd never heard it
      before, and she continues to hear it in her contemplations to this
      very day.

      The Light came as a purplish light. Bathing in it, she waited for
      something more to happen. Nothing did. So she asked inwardly, "What
      should I do?"

      "Look into God's eye," came the reply. Then she noticed an eye
      shape, which pulsed with a subtle light.

      "Go deeper," said the inner voice.

      The subtle light frightened her a little because it was so powerful,
      like a love that was almost frightening.

      "What do you see?" asked the voice.

      "Myself."

      "Are you God?"

      "No"

      "But you possess the attributes of God."

      Then she realized that her secret word hadn't come yet. Immediately,
      several did. Most interesting, though, she realized they were coming
      from her, and she had a choice. So she chose one.

      "Always take the next step," came the inner voice one last time.

      The new ECK Sixth Initiate reflected on how this initiation was very
      different from any other in that it was necessary to take an even
      greater responsibility for her own spiritual unfoldment. Of course,
      this is true of all initiation levels. But she realized she now had
      a greater awareness of being able to do so.

      She went on to give a follow-up on the ECK initiations.

      At a roundtable, someone said I'd once observed it wasn't a positvie
      trait to be overly anxious for an intiation. That is entirely so. A
      First Initiate, of course, must ask for the Second Initiation.

      In others, however, it indicates impatience, a near relative of
      anger. They simply aren't ready for a higher circle.

      Well, what do you think? Comments anyone? The one great thing about
      being outside of Eckankar is that we can now give our opinions on
      the crap that we had to be silent about as chelas. <smile>

      Prometheus

      ########################

      What an interesting Wisdom Note--LOL! Thanks for posting it,
      Prometheus!

      It seems that HK is explaining that a chela must be patient in
      waiting for his/her initiations and that service is more important
      than being rewarded with initiations. So, a chela must diligently do
      vahana work for the master and not whine about or be frustrated if
      he/she doesn't advance to the next level of initiation. In other
      words, the chela becomes a "spiritual slave!"

      I have to wonder why Klemp showed anger at the temporary postal
      worker who waited on impatient Joan. Why is it okay for HK and his
      wife to behave in this bad manner, but a chela cannot? What higher
      circles are HK and Joan actually in if they not only show impatience
      and anger toward a U.S. Government employee, but then HK also shares
      this with his H.I.s in the H.I. Newsletter? What kind of mentor is
      this so-called mahanta--what is HK teaching his chelas! It is no
      wonder that some eckists are mean spirited while others are meek.
      IMO, there is confusion in the two faces of the mahanta! Regardless,
      though, which ever face one views, it is not good. This is all
      trickery and full of deception--just as the magician does his slight
      of hand, "now you see it, now you don't!"

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2006
        Thanks Mish,
        I added some of my own comments [Me] to Klemp's propaganda.

        Prometheus wrote:

        First I'd like to quote Klemp from page one of the December 2005
        H.I. Letter:

        [HK] "People who haven't had your experiences would have no idea
        what you're talking about. So we don't share much. The only way to
        understand is to go through a similar experience. So we come to live
        more in silence about the secret things than we'd planned to do."

        12/2005 The Mystic World of Eckankar-The Wisdom Notes by HK

        [HK] "An ECK Initiate received a pink slip for the Sixth
        Initiation. 'I was so surprised!' she said." Recent dreams and
        waking dreams had alerted her to the fact. For expample, in one
        dream another Higher Initiate said the pink slip would arrive sooner
        than she thought. Yet she was so focused on her work that she paid
        little attention. The work in front of her was more important."

        [Me] I really don't see why she was so surprised. She had probably
        been focused on, dreamed of and been reading about the 6th ever
        since she received her 5th! If she would have received the 6th a
        year earlier she would have been "alerted" to the pink slip as well!
        Eckists tend to obsess on the initiations because they hold them in
        such high esteem until it is acheived. It's the carrot thing.

        [HK] "The day of the initiation, before the initiation began, she
        said to the Initiator that while the ECK initiation was very
        important to her, she felt that serving was of even more importance.
        He smiled and said, in effect, 'That's why we're here, and that's
        why you're here today.' Then the initiation began."

        [Me] Klemp just had to get in a vahana/missionary spin didn't he?!
        Maybe that's why he selected this story to print in The Mystic World.

        [HK] "Contemplating on the holy Light and Sound, she heard the sound
        of the wind as she'd never heard it before, and she continues to
        hear it in her contemplations to this very day. The Light came as a
        purplish light. Bathing in it, she waited for something more to
        happen. Nothing did. So she asked inwardly, 'What should I do?' Look
        into God's eye,' came the reply. Then she noticed an eye shape,
        which pulsed with a subtle light."

        [Me] Isn't a "purplish light" associated with the Etheric Plane
        (upper mental)? I hear strong winds as well and had seen yellow
        light in meditation prior to Eckankar! Also, many people see an "eye
        shape" that seems to pulse or change shape and emits a subtle light.
        This is common when meditating/contemplating!

        [HK] 'Go deeper,' said the inner voice. The subtle light frightened
        her a little because it was so powerful, like a love that was almost
        frightening. 'What do you see?' asked the voice. 'Myself.' 'Are you
        God?' 'No' 'BUT you possess the attributes of God.'

        [Me] It seems that Klemp is unintentionally pointing out that this
        Eckist is communicating with her Higher Self, and that she is her
        own Master!

        [HK] "Then she realized that her secret word hadn't come yet.
        Immediately, several did. Most interesting, though, she realized
        they were coming from her, and she had a choice. So she chose one.
        'Always take the next step,' came the inner voice one last time."

        [Me] Once again, Klemp points out that the secret words were coming
        from Her and Not from the Mahanta or from the Eck. Doesn't this tell
        Eckists that there is something else taking place than what is
        promoted in the typical Eck dogma.

        [HK] "The new ECK Sixth Initiate reflected on how this initiation
        was very different from any other in that it was necessary to take
        an even greater responsibility for her own spiritual unfoldment. Of
        course, this is true of all initiation levels. BUT she realized she
        now had a greater awareness of being able to do so."

        [Me] Actually, the initiations are phoney. People are Not limited in
        consciousness due to having an initiation or Not having one. Most
        Eckists know this and that's what makes waiting for them so
        frustrating. Yet one is supposed to have patience. Klemp never
        exerted patience in receiving the LEM from Gross when he was a 8th!
        It wasn't until DG made him a 9th that he started feeling better.
        Marge even said to HK something like, "Why can't you be happy with
        just being an Eck Master!" Klemp is a hypocrite!

        [HK] "She went on to give a follow-up on the ECK initiations. At a
        roundtable, someone said I'd once observed it wasn't a positvie
        trait to be overly anxious for an intiation. That is entirely so. A
        First Initiate, of course, must ask for the Second Initiation.
        In others, however, it indicates impatience, a near relative of
        anger. They simply aren't ready for a higher circle."

        [Me] Yes, Klemp is making the impatience/anger comments in order to
        control Eckists through fear, guilt and shame. Why has the time
        inbetween initiations gotten longer if the Mahanta has really helped
        to expand world consciousness? The time inbetween initiations should
        be shorter Not longer! And, isn't it interesting that Klemp is still
        using BUT and IF when he instructed Eckists Not to! LOL!