Eckankar: The Wisdom Notes by H.Klemp-Dec. 2005

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2006
      First I'd like to quote Klemp from page one of the December 2005
      H.I. Letter:

      [HK] "People who haven't had your experiences would have no idea
      what you're talking about. So we don't share much. The only way to
      understand is to go through a similar experience. So we come to live
      more in silence about the secret things than we'd planned to do."

      12/2005 The Mystic World of Eckankar-The Wisdom Notes by HK

      [HK] An ECK Initiate received a pink slip for the Sixth
      Initiation. "I was so surprised!" she said.

      Recent dreams and waking dreams had alerted her to the fact. For
      expample, in one dream another Higher Initiate said the pink slip
      would arrive sooner than she thought. Yet she was so foucused on her
      work that she paid little attention. The work in front of her was
      more important.

      The day of the initiation, before the initiation began, she said to
      the Initiator that while the ECK initiation was very important to
      her, she felt that serving was of even more importance.

      He smiled and said, in effect, "That's why we're here, and that's
      why you're here today."

      Then the initiation began. Contemplating on the holy Light and
      Sound, she heard the sound of the wind as she'd never heard it
      before, and she continues to hear it in her contemplations to this
      very day.

      The Light came as a purplish light. Bathing in it, she waited for
      something more to happen. Nothing did. So she asked inwardly, "What
      should I do?"

      "Look into God's eye," came the reply. Then she noticed an eye
      shape, which pulsed with a subtle light.

      "Go deeper," said the inner voice.

      The subtle light frightened her a little because it was so powerful,
      like a love that was almost frightening.

      "What do you see?" asked the voice.

      "Myself."

      "Are you God?"

      "No"

      "But you possess the attributes of God."

      Then she realized that her secret word hadn't come yet. Immediately,
      several did. Most interesting, though, she realized they were coming
      from her, and she had a choice. So she chose one.

      "Always take the next step," came the inner voice one last time.

      The new ECK Sixth Initiate reflected on how this initiation was very
      different from any other in that it was necessary to take an even
      greater responsibility for her own spiritual unfoldment. Of course,
      this is true of all initiation levels. But she realized she now had
      a greater awareness of being able to do so.

      She went on to give a follow-up on the ECK initiations.

      At a roundtable, someone said I'd once observed it wasn't a positvie
      trait to be overly anxious for an intiation. That is entirely so. A
      First Initiate, of course, must ask for the Second Initiation.

      In other, however, it indicates impatience, a near relative of
      anger. They simply aren't ready for a higher circle.

      Well, what do you think? Comments anyone? The one great thing about
      being outside of Eckankar is that we can now give our opinions on
      the crap that we had to be silent about as chelas. <smile>

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2006

        First I'd like to quote Klemp from page one of the December 2005
        H.I. Letter:

        [HK] "People who haven't had your experiences would have no idea
        what you're talking about. So we don't share much. The only way to
        understand is to go through a similar experience. So we come to live
        more in silence about the secret things than we'd planned to do."

        12/2005 The Mystic World of Eckankar-The Wisdom Notes by HK

        [HK] An ECK Initiate received a pink slip for the Sixth
        Initiation. "I was so surprised!" she said.

        Recent dreams and waking dreams had alerted her to the fact. For
        expample, in one dream another Higher Initiate said the pink slip
        would arrive sooner than she thought. Yet she was so focused on her
[...]

        In others, however, it indicates impatience, a near relative of
        anger. They simply aren't ready for a higher circle.

        Well, what do you think? Comments anyone? The one great thing about
        being outside of Eckankar is that we can now give our opinions on
        the crap that we had to be silent about as chelas. <smile>

        Prometheus

        ########################

        What an interesting Wisdom Note--LOL! Thanks for posting it,
        Prometheus!

        It seems that HK is explaining that a chela must be patient in
        waiting for his/her initiations and that service is more important
        than being rewarded with initiations. So, a chela must diligently do
        vahana work for the master and not whine about or be frustrated if
        he/she doesn't advance to the next level of initiation. In other
        words, the chela becomes a "spiritual slave!"

        I have to wonder why Klemp showed anger at the temporary postal
        worker who waited on impatient Joan. Why is it okay for HK and his
        wife to behave in this bad manner, but a chela cannot? What higher
        circles are HK and Joan actually in if they not only show impatience
        and anger toward a U.S. Government employee, but then HK also shares
        this with his H.I.s in the H.I. Newsletter? What kind of mentor is
        this so-called mahanta--what is HK teaching his chelas! It is no
        wonder that some eckists are mean spirited while others are meek.
        IMO, there is confusion in the two faces of the mahanta! Regardless,
        though, which ever face one views, it is not good. This is all
        trickery and full of deception--just as the magician does his slight
        of hand, "now you see it, now you don't!"

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 15, 2006
          Thanks Mish,
          I added some of my own comments [Me] to Klemp's propaganda.

          Prometheus wrote:

          First I'd like to quote Klemp from page one of the December 2005
          H.I. Letter:

          [HK] "People who haven't had your experiences would have no idea
          what you're talking about. So we don't share much. The only way to
          understand is to go through a similar experience. So we come to live
          more in silence about the secret things than we'd planned to do."

          12/2005 The Mystic World of Eckankar-The Wisdom Notes by HK

          [HK] "An ECK Initiate received a pink slip for the Sixth
          Initiation. 'I was so surprised!' she said." Recent dreams and
          waking dreams had alerted her to the fact. For expample, in one
          dream another Higher Initiate said the pink slip would arrive sooner
          than she thought. Yet she was so focused on her work that she paid
          little attention. The work in front of her was more important."

          [Me] I really don't see why she was so surprised. She had probably
          been focused on, dreamed of and been reading about the 6th ever
          since she received her 5th! If she would have received the 6th a
          year earlier she would have been "alerted" to the pink slip as well!
          Eckists tend to obsess on the initiations because they hold them in
          such high esteem until it is acheived. It's the carrot thing.

          [HK] "The day of the initiation, before the initiation began, she
          said to the Initiator that while the ECK initiation was very
          important to her, she felt that serving was of even more importance.
          He smiled and said, in effect, 'That's why we're here, and that's
          why you're here today.' Then the initiation began."

          [Me] Klemp just had to get in a vahana/missionary spin didn't he?!
          Maybe that's why he selected this story to print in The Mystic World.

          [HK] "Contemplating on the holy Light and Sound, she heard the sound
          of the wind as she'd never heard it before, and she continues to
          hear it in her contemplations to this very day. The Light came as a
          purplish light. Bathing in it, she waited for something more to
          happen. Nothing did. So she asked inwardly, 'What should I do?' Look
          into God's eye,' came the reply. Then she noticed an eye shape,
          which pulsed with a subtle light."

          [Me] Isn't a "purplish light" associated with the Etheric Plane
          (upper mental)? I hear strong winds as well and had seen yellow
          light in meditation prior to Eckankar! Also, many people see an "eye
          shape" that seems to pulse or change shape and emits a subtle light.
          This is common when meditating/contemplating!

          [HK] 'Go deeper,' said the inner voice. The subtle light frightened
          her a little because it was so powerful, like a love that was almost
          frightening. 'What do you see?' asked the voice. 'Myself.' 'Are you
          God?' 'No' 'BUT you possess the attributes of God.'

          [Me] It seems that Klemp is unintentionally pointing out that this
          Eckist is communicating with her Higher Self, and that she is her
          own Master!

          [HK] "Then she realized that her secret word hadn't come yet.
          Immediately, several did. Most interesting, though, she realized
          they were coming from her, and she had a choice. So she chose one.
          'Always take the next step,' came the inner voice one last time."

          [Me] Once again, Klemp points out that the secret words were coming
          from Her and Not from the Mahanta or from the Eck. Doesn't this tell
          Eckists that there is something else taking place than what is
          promoted in the typical Eck dogma.

          [HK] "The new ECK Sixth Initiate reflected on how this initiation
          was very different from any other in that it was necessary to take
          an even greater responsibility for her own spiritual unfoldment. Of
          course, this is true of all initiation levels. BUT she realized she
          now had a greater awareness of being able to do so."

          [Me] Actually, the initiations are phoney. People are Not limited in
          consciousness due to having an initiation or Not having one. Most
          Eckists know this and that's what makes waiting for them so
          frustrating. Yet one is supposed to have patience. Klemp never
          exerted patience in receiving the LEM from Gross when he was a 8th!
          It wasn't until DG made him a 9th that he started feeling better.
          Marge even said to HK something like, "Why can't you be happy with
          just being an Eck Master!" Klemp is a hypocrite!

          [HK] "She went on to give a follow-up on the ECK initiations. At a
          roundtable, someone said I'd once observed it wasn't a positvie
          trait to be overly anxious for an intiation. That is entirely so. A
          First Initiate, of course, must ask for the Second Initiation.
          In others, however, it indicates impatience, a near relative of
          anger. They simply aren't ready for a higher circle."

          [Me] Yes, Klemp is making the impatience/anger comments in order to
          control Eckists through fear, guilt and shame. Why has the time
          inbetween initiations gotten longer if the Mahanta has really helped
          to expand world consciousness? The time inbetween initiations should
          be shorter Not longer! And, isn't it interesting that Klemp is still
          using BUT and IF when he instructed Eckists Not to! LOL!