Eckankar: The Mystic World 12/2005, Psychic Surgery!

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2006
      In the front page article, "Soul Travel and the Continuity of Life"
      Klemp shares yet another story about a Nigerian Eckist. What's
      happening in Nigeria with Eckankar? Eckists must be leaving in
      droves!

      By the way, I'll point out all of the "Buts" that Klemp uses since
      he states in the 12/2005 H.I. Letter that, "When someone says but,
      it's a nail in the coffin of invention. A constant stream of
      contradictions shuts off creativity and a gift that may be offered.
      And when soneone says but, he's stopped listening... because it's
      limiting... This is pretty much for ourselves..."

      The story is about a Nigerian Eckist who needs an operation and
      starts off with her getting into a conversation with a person at the
      hospital.

      [HK] "Christy did everything in her power to make him understand
      what ECKANKAR was, BUT their conversation hit a blank wall."

      The next morning went into the operating room while chanting HU.

      [HK] "The next moment Christy was standing on the inner planes with
      the ECK Masters Lai Tsi, Rebazar Tarzs, Fubbi Quantz, Gopal Das, and
      myself, the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master. Lai Tsi was the main
      surgeon."

      [Me] Why doesn't Klemp refer to himself as Wah-Z instead of as the
      head honcho?! Note: HK states that Christy is "standing on the inner
      planes" which is strange because Lsi Tsi and company seem to want to
      operate on her! Did she give the Eck Masters permission to operate
      on her as she had with the doctors on the outer?

      [HK] "It took the outer doctor four hours to finish the operation.
      BUT the ECK Masters hadn't yet completed the inner one."

      [Me] I really question the validity of this story for several
      reasons. Klemp using "BUT" to chelas seems to negate what he is
      saying! Also, why does the inner operation take longer than the
      outer operation? And, what are they doing? One more thing... on
      which inner plane is this operation taking place? The Astral?! It
      can't have taken place on the Soul Plane or higher because of the
      time factor.

      [HK] "In the interim, she appeared to be in grave danger, so the
      doctor put a battery of drugs into her... Her stay in the hospital
      lasted only ten days, and when she returned home, she was well
      healed."

      [Me] It seems that Klemp is saying that traditional medicine is
      good! However, her stay of "only ten days" is Not a short stay and
      is closer to standard.

      [HK] "The Spiritual Exercises of ECK put the mind where it belongs.
      It's a good servant BUT a poor master."

      [Me] Well once again Klemp uses "BUT." Perhaps he's Not listening
      again and being contradicting and limiting. However, was this very
      long psychic inner surgery really necessary? Can Eckists really
      believe that this actually took place? What was Klemp doing during
      the "inner" operation?

      I wonder where Christy's story left off and Klemp's began? Why
      doesn't Klemp fill in the blanks to explain why an inner surgery was
      needed or what he did to help or why it took so long and where the
      operation took place... a Wisdom Temple on the Astral Plane or
      where? Strange that someone (HK) who likes to say pay attention to
      details can't give more himself! This is why this story sounds so
      fishy and phoney as do most. Isn't it easy to put a little
      Mahanta/Eck Master inner twist on the stories sent to him. Very
      amusing and yet very sad as well. Do Eckists really believe this
      story of an over four hour long inner surgery by Eck Masters! I know
      that some Eckists aren't this gullible or foolish, however, are they
      in the silent majority or minority? LOL!

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2006
        I found an interesting quote about the Mahanta and Lai Tsi in the
        Shariyat 1&2 on page 113.

        [PT] "The Mahanta is a law unto himself. So oft does he speak of
        life itself as being his servant, but he commands heaven and earth,
        yet never does he allow himself to be worshipped perfectly as man.
        Only as the Mahanta, the perfect consciousness."

        So, the Mahanta is above all laws because he is a "law unto
        himself." Cool, me too! Yet the Mahanta does Not allow himself to
        be "worshipped perfectly as man. Only as the Mahanta" consciousness.
        So there is Mahanta worship in Eckankar afterall! I wondered about
        the real meaning of the Eck "Worship" Service... now I know!

        Here's the Lai Tsi quote:

        [PT] "When Lai Tsi, the perfect ECK Master of China in the ancient
        days, stood upon the hill and preached the sermon that gained him
        title of perfection as the Mahanta of his day, he was approached by
        a disciple who asked, 'Master, who are you?' 'Whom do you say I am?'
        Lai Tsi asked. 'You are the Mahanta, the perfect Master,' said the
        disciple."

        Now doesn't this sound like Twitch is really talking about Jesus'
        Sermon on the Mount?! Twitch is stealing this story like he did
        others! And, even Doug Marman will admit that Twitch didn't create
        the title of "Mahanta" until 1969! Therefore, this disciple couldn't
        have said, "You are the Mahanta."

        One more thing. I recall a non-Eckist friend who had a quadruple
        heart by-pass recently and was in the hospital for 4 days. Why was
        Christy in for 10 days? That's a long time, and she had a special
        inner surgery/healing as well! I don't recall Jesus taking over 4
        hours to heal a person either - they were healed immediately! What's
        with these Eck Masters (and Mahanta) for Not doing as good at
        healing someone TODAY than Jesus did over 2,000 years ago! Jesus
        wasn't even a 2nd Initiate according to Eckankar! What's with that?!
        Apparently Klemp has as much trouble as Twitchell when telling the
        truth. For Eckists to believe this crap means they must be desperate
        to believe anything! Really, how crazy is this! LOL!

[...]

        The next morning she went into the operating room while chanting HU.