Klemp writes: "All for me, me for all." LOL!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hello, All!

      Here's another excerpt from "Those Wonderful ECK Masters" by Harold
      Klemp, page 165:

      "Do you recall the motto of the French novelist Alexandre Dumas's
      three musketeers: All for one, one for all? But the motto of today's
      individualism often amounts to 'All for me, me for all.' It's a
      consciousness turned in upon self."

      Now if you checked the grammatical correctness of Harold's clever
      little twist to Dumas' motto, it would read thus,

      All are for me, me is for all! You have to put the verbs in, and
      when you do, Klemp's rephrasing does not pass the grammatical test!
      Duh! And shouldn't Harold have capitalized Three Musketeers? I mean
      he was a proof reader once, right? Hey, Joan Klemp, Anthony Moore
      and Mary Carroll Moore, the editors of this "wonderful" book--how'd
      you miss this? LOL! Oh, yes, you can't second guess the
      LEM/Mahanta! : )!

      Just for the record, the New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third
      Edition. 2002, explains this well known motto, "All for one and one
      for all," as thus:

      All the members of a group support each of the individual members,
      and the individual members pledge to support the group.

      "All for one and one for all" is best known as the motto of the
      title characters in the book "The Three Musketeers," by the
      nineteenth-century French author Alexandre Dumas. (end quote)

      Changing "one" for "me" only makes the motto grammatically incorrect-
      -it does not at all change the meaning. With the dumbing down of
      America, and Eckists too, most won't notice this--sorry! : ) So,
      Harold is showing his ignorance--and this excerpt shows how much
      dribble hallmarks his writings! I was hesitant to re-visit Klemp's
      writings, but this new book of his is proving to be a very
      refreshing read for me! It is so much fun to recognize the
      absurdness of what he writes, and not just quickly gloss over it and
      move on in search of something of value. When one wants to believe,
      it is so easy to do this--just let it fly by! Sad, but true!

      In truth, I have to wonder what is happening with Klemp these last
      few years. It seems that he is losing it more and more as he holds
      on to and tries to protect the lies and deceits of his fake
      religion. It seems that he has always had a loose grasp of mental,
      emotional and social stability. Those who hold Klemp in high esteem
      and gush over his empty, confusing, distorted words and their
      context are at risk of becoming, like their master, mentally,
      emotionally and socially unstable. These are the true gifts of the
      mahanta!