Re: To Mish and Electric on conspiracies

  • electriczinger
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2005
      Oh, I should add, that I've noticed that a lot of people who have left
      Eckankar, and possibly other cults, tend to gravitate to the
      Illuminati theory. For some reason, it seems to be the natural
      progression. I found myself going in that direction once I left the
      cult, then realized I was trading one cult for another and backed off.
      There are some credible cult sites that do address the fact that the
      Illuminati conspiracy theory is just another cult. If, and when, I
      find time, I'll try to find them. No promises. I think it may be the
      Rick Ross site. You know how to type in the rest of the URL <g>

      Happy day to everyone!

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "electriczinger"
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2005
        Thanks, Electric!

        It is all very interesting--the weaving of all these connections
        regarding the Global Conspiracies/ Illuminati, etc. I agree whole-
        heartedly about people leaping from one thing to another, especially
        after leaving one cult organization--there is a search for something
        else, and the possibility of being duped again. I'm not into a lot
        of researching these resources either as I enjoy doing other things.
        I have posted my messages because I felt some pressure to look at
        these alternative news/information "authorities." Instead of buying
        the books or spending time reading on these internet sites, I did an
        examination, and found the controversial information, which then
        told me to look no more.

        However, since this site (ESA) is basically set up for ex-eckists
        and knowing that some ex-eckists who have read Ford Johnson's
        book "Confessions of a God Seeker,are now looking to his NSP, it
        seems appropriate to discuss some of the conspiracy theory stuff
        that is being served up on his sites, and possibly are
        misleading "new" ex-eckists. There is a connection for sure, as I
        view it.

        As I mentioned before, I believe we are on the same page in regard
        to conspiracies. We are all conspirators in one way or another, and
        we are also being conspired against--mostly from higher levels, by
        the politicians/leaders of our societies. We do need to be aware and
        to be wary. Nothing can be taken for granted! : )

        Thanks for sharing and putting the e-books in the files, so those
        who want to research them, it certainly is more convenient to just
        pull up the material. I pointed out a bit of what I saw as
        discrepancies, so that perhaps, those who do read will be aware that
        the "facts" may not be truth.

        I hope you will continue to participate on this site, but I do
        understand that you have better and more fun things to do! : )

        Take care,
        Mish

        <dustyrose@c...> wrote:
        > Oh, I should add, that I've noticed that a lot of people who have
        left
        > Eckankar, and possibly other cults, tend to gravitate to the
        > Illuminati theory. For some reason, it seems to be the natural
        > progression. I found myself going in that direction once I left the
        > cult, then realized I was trading one cult for another and backed
        off.
        > There are some credible cult sites that do address the fact that
        the
        > Illuminati conspiracy theory is just another cult. If, and when, I
        > find time, I'll try to find them. No promises. I think it may be
        the
        > Rick Ross site. You know how to type in the rest of the URL <g>
        >
        > Happy day to everyone!
        >
        > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "electriczinger"
      • electriczinger
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2005
          <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
          > Thanks, Electric!
          >
          > However, since this site (ESA) is basically set up for ex-eckists
          > and knowing that some ex-eckists who have read Ford Johnson's
          > book "Confessions of a God Seeker,are now looking to his NSP, it
          > seems appropriate to discuss some of the conspiracy theory stuff
          > that is being served up on his sites, and possibly are
          > misleading "new" ex-eckists. There is a connection for sure, as I
          > view it.

          Right. I hear you on the Ford Johnson thing. I feel that he actually
          believes his own hype. Virtually, all his adult life he was an eckist
          and still hasn't left that mind set behind when he left eckankar.

          As for his bulletin boards. I did read them for a very short time, but
          stopped reading them many moons ago. I think, probably, the few posts
          back then that Betty and Mario, and maybe others, posted about
          conspiracies, helped me to untangle myself from cult think. Same with
          other things I read elsewhere.

          > I hope you will continue to participate on this site, but I do
          > understand that you have better and more fun things to do! : )

          Ya, I'll probably particpate when I feel the need to respond/say
          something. But I won't particpate just to be heard. I know you weren't
          thinking that at all. I'm just making a statement on my participation
          level, that's all.
        • ctecvie
          Message 4 of 6 , May 17, 2005
            Hello Electric & Mish,

            > > However, since this site (ESA) is basically set up for ex-eckists
            > > and knowing that some ex-eckists who have read Ford Johnson's
            > > book "Confessions of a God Seeker,are now looking to his NSP, it
            > > seems appropriate to discuss some of the conspiracy theory stuff
            > > that is being served up on his sites, and possibly are
            > > misleading "new" ex-eckists. There is a connection for sure, as I
            > > view it.
            >
            > Right. I hear you on the Ford Johnson thing. I feel that he actually
            > believes his own hype. Virtually, all his adult life he was an
            eckist
            > and still hasn't left that mind set behind when he left eckankar.

            I have got that impression, too. Eckankar has shaped him thoroughly
            through his adult life. It's difficult to get that out of the system.
            And of course as he has gathered a followership - perhaps without
            first intending to do so this mindset is probably being reinforced. I
            am just speculating here.

            > As for his bulletin boards. I did read them for a very short time,
            but
            > stopped reading them many moons ago. I think, probably, the few
            posts
            > back then that Betty and Mario, and maybe others, posted about
            > conspiracies, helped me to untangle myself from cult think. Same
            with
            > other things I read elsewhere.

            It helped me, too. So a good thing has come out of that, at least for
            us! :-) Here on ESA, we can voice our concerns about the direction
            Ford's organization takes and everybody who wants to listen can do
            so!

            > Ya, I'll probably particpate when I feel the need to respond/say
            > something. But I won't particpate just to be heard. I know you
            weren't
            > thinking that at all. I'm just making a statement on my
            participation
            > level, that's all.

            Good that you are here.