To Mish and Electric on conspiracies

    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2005
      Hi There,

      I enjoyed looking at all of the information, but I have to admit
      that I'm not much for getting too deep into this sort of thing any
      longer. Yes, real conspiracies have been, are, and will probably
      always be with us, but I find the sources of much of this
      information suspect (except for Moore's). I don't believe anything
      David Icke has to say, and was not disappointed to see that one
      chapter sounded like the next. Icke threw in some mention of higher
      ideals and of consciousness now and then to appeal to those naive
      seekers of truth who have not yet detached themselves from the
      complexities and negativities of the human state of consciousness.
      Balance is always the key and needs to be used in all things, but
      how does knowing about even the legitimate conspiracies help anyone?
      True, history is important and has many different perspectives, but
      we as Soul have lived it all before. We have even been those in
      power (of families, churches, guilds, secret societies, or
      governments) who have conspiraced against others (even within our
      own ranks). It's what we humans do! It's part of our (Souls')
      testing and growth. Looking at this interest is part of Soul's
      journey, but seems to be only one more distraction of higher Truth.
      However, being able to discern truth from fiction or myth is a test
      as well. So, is Icke (through his distortions of truth) helping to
      separate the wheat from the chafe? Is he knowingly or unknowingly an
      agent for the Kal? Who really cares except those who still care
      about Truth, and hate to see It degraded in any situation. What can
      be done? Maybe sharing our thoughts and opinions here can help some
      individuals to see that not everyone is buying into the trap of
      seeing negativity everywhere. That's what the focus on this
      conspiracy/fear mongering does! However, getting beyond all fear is
      the true goal of anyone seeking higher awareness and spiritual
      freedom.

      Prometheus
    • electriczinger
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2005
        I believe I've figured out why that e-book has Michael Moore's name on
        it, when in fact, it has nothing to do with him. People tag whatever's
        relevent onto things in order for them to be found in a search. Hence,
        Illuminati, Conspiracies, Michael Moore insures that this e-book will
        be found by people.

        As for conspiracy stuff - over the years I've read a bit, here and
        there, but never enough in order to be able to debate it with anyone.
        I have the basic knowledge of what is considered the Illumati plan,
        and leave it at that. I may, or may not, read more in the future.
        Depends on my mood, and time constraits. I've always had an interest
        in it, and thought, many times, I would get into it gung ho, but
        something always stopped me. I doubt I ever will get into it. It could
        be because I don't believe in the basic premise they are outlining.
        That's not to say there are not conspiracies, but, possibly, their
        explanation is a little off base. I do see conspiracies all around,
        within my own circle, and the wider circle of the governments. Many
        people have their own adgenda, so one has to watch their back. But, a
        One World Order conspiracy? Hmmm...not sure. If the basic premise is,
        that mankind is a created/slave creature, and our creaters lost
        control of us by leaving us to our own devices when they no longer
        needed us...well, there are easy ways to gain control again. One would
        be to invent a disease that would wipe out most the population. Or
        just nuke the whole world and be done with it. Or, if they were smart,
        they never would have left us, instead, keeping control at all times.

        Well, I don't expect I'll be posting too much here in the future. My
        plan was just to upload the books in the files for anyone who is
        interested. Life is calling, and is too short, to bother with a lot of
        other stuff. Whatever's going on out there, I doubt there is much I
        can do to change it, so I won't. If I could change it, that would be
        another story, but, it's not. That's not to say each person can't make
        small changes, but we're not going to change the world, so it's best
        we keep in touch with what's tangible, and not what may be fantasy
        land. Although, fantasy can be a lot of fun. I like it as much as the
        rest of us - Peter Pan & Wendy, Neverland (Johnny Depp - now there's a
        nice fantasy <g> Well, anyway, you get the picture.

        Cheers!

        <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:
        > Hi There,
        >
        > I enjoyed looking at all of the information, but I have to admit
        > that I'm not much for getting too deep into this sort of thing any
        > longer. Yes, real conspiracies have been, are, and will probably
        > always be with us, but I find the sources of much of this
        > information suspect (except for Moore's). I don't believe anything
        > David Icke has to say, and was not disappointed to see that one
        > chapter sounded like the next. Icke threw in some mention of higher
        > ideals and of consciousness now and then to appeal to those naive
        > seekers of truth who have not yet detached themselves from the
        > complexities and negativities of the human state of consciousness.
        > Balance is always the key and needs to be used in all things, but
        > how does knowing about even the legitimate conspiracies help anyone?
        > True, history is important and has many different perspectives, but
        > we as Soul have lived it all before. We have even been those in
        > power (of families, churches, guilds, secret societies, or
        > governments) who have conspiraced against others (even within our
        > own ranks). It's what we humans do! It's part of our (Souls')
        > testing and growth. Looking at this interest is part of Soul's
        > journey, but seems to be only one more distraction of higher Truth.
        > However, being able to discern truth from fiction or myth is a test
        > as well. So, is Icke (through his distortions of truth) helping to
        > separate the wheat from the chafe? Is he knowingly or unknowingly an
        > agent for the Kal? Who really cares except those who still care
        > about Truth, and hate to see It degraded in any situation. What can
        > be done? Maybe sharing our thoughts and opinions here can help some
        > individuals to see that not everyone is buying into the trap of
        > seeing negativity everywhere. That's what the focus on this
        > conspiracy/fear mongering does! However, getting beyond all fear is
        > the true goal of anyone seeking higher awareness and spiritual
        > freedom.
        >
        > Prometheus
      • electriczinger
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2005
          Oh, I should add, that I've noticed that a lot of people who have left
          Eckankar, and possibly other cults, tend to gravitate to the
          Illuminati theory. For some reason, it seems to be the natural
          progression. I found myself going in that direction once I left the
          cult, then realized I was trading one cult for another and backed off.
          There are some credible cult sites that do address the fact that the
          Illuminati conspiracy theory is just another cult. If, and when, I
          find time, I'll try to find them. No promises. I think it may be the
          Rick Ross site. You know how to type in the rest of the URL <g>

          Happy day to everyone!

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "electriczinger"
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2005
            Thanks, Electric!

            It is all very interesting--the weaving of all these connections
            regarding the Global Conspiracies/ Illuminati, etc. I agree whole-
            heartedly about people leaping from one thing to another, especially
            after leaving one cult organization--there is a search for something
            else, and the possibility of being duped again. I'm not into a lot
            of researching these resources either as I enjoy doing other things.
            I have posted my messages because I felt some pressure to look at
            these alternative news/information "authorities." Instead of buying
            the books or spending time reading on these internet sites, I did an
            examination, and found the controversial information, which then
            told me to look no more.

            However, since this site (ESA) is basically set up for ex-eckists
            and knowing that some ex-eckists who have read Ford Johnson's
            book "Confessions of a God Seeker,are now looking to his NSP, it
            seems appropriate to discuss some of the conspiracy theory stuff
            that is being served up on his sites, and possibly are
            misleading "new" ex-eckists. There is a connection for sure, as I
            view it.

            As I mentioned before, I believe we are on the same page in regard
            to conspiracies. We are all conspirators in one way or another, and
            we are also being conspired against--mostly from higher levels, by
            the politicians/leaders of our societies. We do need to be aware and
            to be wary. Nothing can be taken for granted! : )

            Thanks for sharing and putting the e-books in the files, so those
            who want to research them, it certainly is more convenient to just
            pull up the material. I pointed out a bit of what I saw as
            discrepancies, so that perhaps, those who do read will be aware that
            the "facts" may not be truth.

            I hope you will continue to participate on this site, but I do
            understand that you have better and more fun things to do! : )

            Take care,
            Mish

            <dustyrose@c...> wrote:
            > Oh, I should add, that I've noticed that a lot of people who have
            left
            > Eckankar, and possibly other cults, tend to gravitate to the
            > Illuminati theory. For some reason, it seems to be the natural
            > progression. I found myself going in that direction once I left the
            > cult, then realized I was trading one cult for another and backed
            off.
            > There are some credible cult sites that do address the fact that
            the
            > Illuminati conspiracy theory is just another cult. If, and when, I
            > find time, I'll try to find them. No promises. I think it may be
            the
            > Rick Ross site. You know how to type in the rest of the URL <g>
            >
            > Happy day to everyone!
            >
            > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "electriczinger"
          • electriczinger
            Message 5 of 6 , May 16, 2005
              <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
              > Thanks, Electric!
              >
              > However, since this site (ESA) is basically set up for ex-eckists
              > and knowing that some ex-eckists who have read Ford Johnson's
              > book "Confessions of a God Seeker,are now looking to his NSP, it
              > seems appropriate to discuss some of the conspiracy theory stuff
              > that is being served up on his sites, and possibly are
              > misleading "new" ex-eckists. There is a connection for sure, as I
              > view it.

              Right. I hear you on the Ford Johnson thing. I feel that he actually
              believes his own hype. Virtually, all his adult life he was an eckist
              and still hasn't left that mind set behind when he left eckankar.

              As for his bulletin boards. I did read them for a very short time, but
              stopped reading them many moons ago. I think, probably, the few posts
              back then that Betty and Mario, and maybe others, posted about
              conspiracies, helped me to untangle myself from cult think. Same with
              other things I read elsewhere.

              > I hope you will continue to participate on this site, but I do
              > understand that you have better and more fun things to do! : )

              Ya, I'll probably particpate when I feel the need to respond/say
              something. But I won't particpate just to be heard. I know you weren't
              thinking that at all. I'm just making a statement on my participation
              level, that's all.
            • ctecvie
              Message 6 of 6 , May 17, 2005
                Hello Electric & Mish,

                > > However, since this site (ESA) is basically set up for ex-eckists
                > > and knowing that some ex-eckists who have read Ford Johnson's
                > > book "Confessions of a God Seeker,are now looking to his NSP, it
                > > seems appropriate to discuss some of the conspiracy theory stuff
                > > that is being served up on his sites, and possibly are
                > > misleading "new" ex-eckists. There is a connection for sure, as I
                > > view it.
                >
                > Right. I hear you on the Ford Johnson thing. I feel that he actually
                > believes his own hype. Virtually, all his adult life he was an
                eckist
                > and still hasn't left that mind set behind when he left eckankar.

                I have got that impression, too. Eckankar has shaped him thoroughly
                through his adult life. It's difficult to get that out of the system.
                And of course as he has gathered a followership - perhaps without
                first intending to do so this mindset is probably being reinforced. I
                am just speculating here.

                > As for his bulletin boards. I did read them for a very short time,
                but
                > stopped reading them many moons ago. I think, probably, the few
                posts
                > back then that Betty and Mario, and maybe others, posted about
                > conspiracies, helped me to untangle myself from cult think. Same
                with
                > other things I read elsewhere.

                It helped me, too. So a good thing has come out of that, at least for
                us! :-) Here on ESA, we can voice our concerns about the direction
                Ford's organization takes and everybody who wants to listen can do
                so!

                > Ya, I'll probably particpate when I feel the need to respond/say
                > something. But I won't particpate just to be heard. I know you
                weren't
                > thinking that at all. I'm just making a statement on my
                participation
                > level, that's all.

                Good that you are here.