Re: From Hu-chat: Is your life getting better or worse?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2006
      > Sometimes material wealth can
      > blind us and hinder us to look further, and sometimes the reverse
      is
      > true - in any case, material wealth per se does not say anything
      > about the character of the individual nor if he/she
      is "spiritually
      > advanced" (whatever that means) or not.
      >
      > Ingrid

      People continue to create yardsticks for success! That is why the
      initiations are so appealing to many eckists--those who are on the
      fast track in achieving them! But those who wait years and years for
      this recognition are so hurt and discouraged. It is really tragic,
      because of the trickery involved in giving them out. The faithful
      are being abused by the initiation system.

      As to monetary wealth, have you ever considered what the bigger,
      more generous donations buy an eckist in terms of initiations? I'm
      sure it is noticed! People with professional titles are also on the
      fast initiation track, because they look good as model higher
      initiates! It makes eckankar all so appealing, because "successful"
      people are progressing along its path; therefore, it gives the
      teachings a higher validity. It's a pretty good marketing technique
      even if the head guru "humbly" wears his ugly polester suit costume
      for his big show! : )

      Mish
    • christel_heine2003
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2006
        Hi on all!

        -----------facilitator was
        commenting about the riches and luxurious living that awaited her in
        the heavens/higher planes. She said that knowing that made her
        struggles on this plane much easier to bear. I thought how sad to
        see life that way--and not appreciate the here and now! It seemed to
        me that she was wasting her present life by dreaming about another
        one to come! --------

        this remember on the christian 'paradise' in former times or, in very
        orthodox groups today! IMO, 'the here and now'is the only 'paradise'!
        not only god, but it is! we must attempt to realise it as good!
        that's all.
        greetings and a good 2006 christel

        <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:

> [...]
        > bonus to be enjoyed.
        >
        > But considering the comments by this eckist on huchat, I recall
        > attending a worship service in which the h.i. facilitator was
        > commenting about the riches and luxurious living that awaited her
        in
        > the heavens/higher planes. She said that knowing that made her
        > struggles on this plane much easier to bear. I thought how sad to
        > see life that way--and not appreciate the here and now! It seemed
        > me that she was wasting her present life by dreaming about another
        > one to come!
        >
        > Well, it is nice that the person with the warm garage and nice home
        > is happy and appreciative, but as Ingrid points out, so what? Life
        > in general has improved for many people through the years--it is
        not
        > unique, and for those who live a little less affluently--it does
        not
        > mean that they are spiritually lagging either! It all has to do
        with
        > attitude and what we appreciate about ourselves!
        >
        > Mish
        >
        > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "ctecvie"
        > <ctecvie@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear all,
        > >
        > > this is what I found on huchat not long ago. This eckist tells
        how
        > > her life improved after having joined Eckankar. I will comment
        > > directly in the quote.
        > >
        > > Quote: I was just thinking back, when I grew up in Berlin,
        > eternally
        > > waiting for the train or the bus, shuttling around forever,
        > freezing
        > > cold or unbearable hot, waiting on drafty train stations in the
        > > middle of the night. Couldn't get out of Berlin without waiting
        in
        > > line for 8 hours at check point Charley. Walking and walking dark
        > > scary streets.
        > >
        > > ***Me: So What? That was the situation 50 years ago (this
        > individual
        > > is around 50 years old). I can imagine that it was no fun to grow
        > up
        > > in Berlin at the time. But there were so many more people in the
        > > Eastern part of Berlin who certainly had it worse - and they
        > > couldn't get over that wall at all!
        > >
        > > Quote: And now? A warm car in a heated garage with heated seats,
        > > driving over a heated driveway and for long distance my own plane
        > > and pilot.
        > >
        > > ***Me: If we take this as a yardstick, many people would be very
        > > advanced spiritually because many people nowadays have a warm car
        > in
        > > a heated garage with heated seats! OK, not everyone has an own
        > > plane, but many take a plane nowadays.
        > >
        > > Quote: The first 27 years I lived in apartments, usually on the
        > 4th
        > > floor without an elevator, after joining Eckankar I lived in
        > > comfortable homes overlooking an ocean, a lake or mountains.
        Right