"losers", two faces, etc.

  • l2eigh
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2006
      Hi:
      This is a quote from an ordinary novel I was reading recently. "Ego
      is the monster that stares into its mirror listening for the sound of
      its name, mouthing the words that will serve it." I thought that was
      pretty tidy. What you say reflects what you see in your mirror. People
      who make their way in life influencing others such as politicians,
      religious types and others are generally aware of this psychological
      demonstration of themselves and choose their words carefully. I knew
      what the word "loser" meant before I was out of my teens. Generally
      speaking... "fool", credulous fool, persistant credulous fool, eh? And
      some people are, persist, or insist on being like this, it's true. But,
      it's one thing to use words like "loser", and "sheep" (some people
      are "sheep" too) in private conversation and it's another to put them
      in print, publish them, and distribute the material. Particularly when
      it's your "job" to secure or maintain the confidence of the people
      you're describing and at least nominally to try to make some
      presentation of harmony and practicality to the public, or general
      reader. I don't know about you, but for me this brings to mind another
      perjorative one learns as a teen or preteen. That would be, "lamebrain".
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2006
        Yes, good points! Klemp (IMO) has arrested development! Do you
        remember that one Mahanta Transcript story where he was around ten
        years old and driving a tractor in the fields to help with harvest.
        The neighbors and other farmers in the area would all come to help
        one another out. There was a very nice and gentle man that little
        Harold had always admired, and he was among the group when they all
        took a break from the hard work being done. The men sat around and
        would drink some beer and joke with one another and little Harold
        was sitting around with them just watching and listening. One of the
        men got up to answer the call of nature and when he left another
        man, as a joke, drank some of his beer. When the man got back the
        man noticed that someone had messed with his beer. The man that
        Harold had looked up to and admired stated that Harold drank the
        man's beer! Well, this was very funny and they all laughed except
        for little Harold. Little Harold was very hurt that he was the
        object of ridicule and that his friend would say such a thing so
        Harold angrily ran off to sob and be alone. The nice man Harold
        admired was concerned about little Harold's hurt feelings and went
        to look for him and did find him, but little Harold wanted nothing
        to do with him. Afterwards, whenever little Harold would see the man
        little Harold would shun or avoid him. This caused the man to feel
        very hurt, however, he was not able to ever reconcile with little
        Harold Klemp. In the Mahanta Transcrips Klemp tells the story
        slightly differently since HK never sees that it was all a test,
        part of his right-of-passage, and something humorous and very human.
        What is interesting is that Klemp (the Mahanta) still maintains the
        hurt from that experience and the disdain for the man he once saw as
        a friend. This story, however, is typical of Klemp because he tends
        to hang on to the past and to past hurts while never taking blame or
        responsibility for mistakes in judgment. Just look at his
        Autobiography for examples of this!

        When Klemp calls questioning chelas "losers" and states that they
        are under the influence of the Kal when they wonder about the slow
        to come initiations Klemp comes across as very unloving. He's the
        Top Dog so what does this jerk have to worry about... except karma.
        Klemp reminds me of some other very nasty religious leaders like
        Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson. Recently Robertson stated that
        Sharon's stroke was God's will and punishment for the withdrawal by
        Israel from Gaza last year. Robertson is a hard liner and doesn't
        want to see the Moslems to have anything because the Bible states
        that Israel is God's land!

        With religious idiots like Fallwell, Robertson, and Klemp (to
        mention just a few) running around mouthing off it's no wonder that
        people with any common sense turn their backs on organized
        religion! Isn't this why we Truth Seekers left the orothodox
        religions behind in the first place! Let's face it... after awhile
        those higher initiations are the only thing that keep most Eckists
        from leaving Eckankar. All of those years, those trainings, that
        money spent, the status, the sense of belonging to a high spiritual
        order (Brothers of the Leaf), those titles, the respect, the
        promises of more to come, and having a real purpose in life... are
        all tied into the Eck initiations. And, it's all illusion!

        Prometheus