922Re: ZOHAR AND SEPHER more Eck fiction by Twitchell

  • l2eigh
    Dec 2, 2005
      Hi Prometheus:
      That's a good piece of detective work. The Sepher/Zohar
      People, Sephiroth/Zohar (Spendor) one. But we're also looking at a
      couple of individual trees and missing the forest, here. Sepher,
      Sephiroth, are cognates from the same root - sep, or sept - where our
      word "seven" comes from also. Thr larger issue is that this is all
      astral plane b.s. from the classical formula. That is, the astral
      plane has seven levels, planes, or divisions in it. This goes WAY
      back (originally) to sun worship (sunlight, when it's broken down in
      the atmosphere by water (rain in the distance) or through the
      convention of a prism, breaks down into the seven wavelengths that
      compose it. Red, orange, yellow, green, indigo, blue, violet). The
      cabala is pure astral plane b.s. used in the conventional way to try
      to make of something of "God" or explain flux. This gets even more
      involved when you go beyond the conventional delusion of "jivatma"
      to "atma", "paramatma", and "adiatma". The "golden wisdom" Eckankar
      uses and is keyed into is pure imagination. The "gold" color always
      indicates imagination.
      The thing is, it's all nonsense. All of this kind of
      stuff but has been used over time by mankind to give itself a
      collective purpose, develop cultures, and so on.

      Leigh

      - In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973"
      <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

      > Hi L2eigh,
      >
      > I have to agree that this could be a factor at times. On these
      Zohar