918Re: ZOHAR AND SEPHER more Eck fiction by Twitchell

  • Freefrom
    Nov 30, 2005
      LOL Yes, I agree. It's the old, it's too absurd to be true, so
      therefore it must be true! How could someone have made all of this
      stuff up? No one would be so dishonest as to just make all of this
      stuff up, right? Wrong. Let's face it, the ability to lie and act "as
      if" is a very human trait. It takes guts and courage to be honest.
      Lots of people lie all the time and lots of people try to live a
      mostly honest life. Those who stay with eckankar are still stuck in
      the herd mentality, like sheep. It's a kind of self-deception and
      false security.

      I think the whole cult/religion thing can be a bit like an addiction.
      The Kult addict doesn't want to admit to the addiction. Delusion and
      denial can be very powerful forces in the human psyche, IMO. I admit
      it myself. I was in a way drawn to the weird complex absurdity of
      eckankult as being true because I also believed that people are
      basically honest and good. I was also very naive, but not anymore.
      Spirituality doesn't mean that we have to give up having a brain. Even
      a child knows when the emperor is not wearing any clothes. It's a
      great story, because the emperor also believed that he was wearing
      clothes, when in fact he was walking around naked in pretense,
      believing what his handlers had told him.

      Hmmm. Didn't Klemp do something like that. LOL

      Freefrom