6844Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: I was a child of the seventies era eck. (sort of)

  • brighttigress
    May 15, 2014
      Mir Chong -

      Although you've grown, I am shocked and horrified that your parents deserted you for the cult!   On the other hand, perhaps you were better off not being dragged to eckfunctions and studying at home, etc.

      My mother got involved with the Jehovah's Witnesses when I was a child, and I sort of bounced between beleiving and not believing - actually, it was more like believing but not wanting to have anything to do with it and being horrified at the possibility of being stuck on earth for eternity with no one but Jehovah's Witnesses, who I found mostly to be very hypocrital and annoyingly "cultic" with those phony smiles, etc.

      It wasn't until I was around 30 that I was finally able to sort of wake up & dump all of it, and shortly afterwards got mixed up in ekult.  Ha, a cult solved my cult problems!!  <gg>

      But, without ekult I wouldn't appreciate the freedom of mind, heart, and soul that I have today.

      Good luck & best wishes!!!   It's really nice out here!!!

      Hugs,

      Sharon
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic