6843Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: I was a child of the seventies era eck. (sort of)

  • brighttigress
    May 15, 2014

      Good grief, I do NOT like Yahoo groups at all since their most recent "upgrade" - same with their email.  If something's not broken, don't "fix" it!!

      When I see an eckbook at Goodwill or in a used bookstore, I will write "CULT" and "Plagiarized!!" on more than one page, and sometimes "See:    Yahoo Groups (I write the URL but when I tried here it showed as "Yahoo Groups" in blue!!)

      I've also started conversations with used-bookstore owners and told them how offensive I found those books, and how the cult told stories about if you found an eckbook on a bus or wherever, that it was  'sign" from "the master"!  - I was surprised, several were quite aware of ekult and knew it was a cult.

      I've been happily out for almost 20 years ago so don't think about it in "real life", and I'm totally astounded that some poor souls are still getting mixed up in it - just like I did - without even doing any research.  Of course, when I joined, it was because of *one* donated book at the library!  That was before the internet.

      I can't believe people are still falling for this crap.  It's sad, really sad.

      Hugs,

      me.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic