6777Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] The Four Zoas of ECKankar
- Aug 30, 2013This reminds me a whole lot of what I have read about Islam. If the laws are written exactly like this in the org, then it seems from the time a person becomes a 5th, you are expected to fake everything by not showing your true feelings. Well all I can say is if these are actual rules, then the eckist I knew were failing badly. I never saw so much back biting, rumors of adultery, men who actively hit on new females, expressions of actual hatred toward other chealas and also HI's acting like lower Chelas should worship them pre-org. Every time, I learn something I didn't know about the org, the more grateful I feel that I escaped its clutches. And the more I laugh too. If my finding the org had any meaning for my spiritual growth, it was to show me how brain washed people act and how not to be a good spiritual example. Thanks for my continued education, Prometheus.From: prometheus_973 <prometheus_973@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:02 PM
Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] The Four Zoas of ECKankar
The four Zoas (laws) of Eckankar
for the Mahdis, the initiate of the
Fifth Circle, are:
1) The Mahdis shall not use alcohol,
tobacco, or drugs; gamble; or be
gluttonous in any way. No Mahdis
shall be existent on the animal level.
He is a leader, and he must fix his
attention above the psychology of
ME: Of course, this isn't exactly the
way it is. Some drugs are acceptable.
Over-the-counter and prescription
drugs are okay to use when needed.
I assume that this applies to Medical
Marijuana where legal. Plus, Klemp
has stated that as long as H.I.s do
things behind closed doors and in
moderation that this is okay as well.
And, H.I.s always rationalize about
gambling. If you donate the money
won to Eckankar, then, buying that
lottery ticket is seen as okay by some
RESAs. Plus, look at all of those
overweight H.I.s! Are they gluttonous
in any way? Yet, H.I.s are supposed
to be good examples and the righthand
of the Mahanta. And, look at all of
those really mean and nasty H.I.s
out there... they are truly brutes!
2) The Mahdis shall not speak with
tongue of vanity or deceit or unhappiness,
criticize the actions of others, blame
others for wrongdoings, quarrel, fight,
or inflict injury. He shall at all times
be respectful and courteous to his
fellowman and show great compassion
ME: Unfortunately, this also
makes it very difficult to complain
about the negativity and verbal
or emotional abuse of other ECKists,
especially, RESAs. And, when people
aren't doing as they say they will
do this makes complaining more
difficult. Plus, it is instructing H.I.s
to Fake Happiness when they might
be very upset due to a loss of health
(cancer), wealth (foreclosure), job
loss, a loss of a loving relationship
(divorce), or the death of a loved one.
All in all, these are ridiculous guidelines.
3) The Mahdis shall have humility,
love, and freedom from all bonds
of creeds. He shall be free from the
laws of karma which snare him with
boastfulness and vanity. He shall
have love for all people and all
creatures of the Sugmad.
ME: How does karmic freedom happen
when Klemp can't keep any promises?
And, how does karmic freedom affect
ego and vanity alone? Why are these
focused upon versus disease, good
fortune, and spiritual growth?
4) The Mahdis must preach the
message of ECK at all times, and
prove to the world that he is an
example of purity and happiness.
He must show that the disciple in
the human body must have a Master
in the human body. This is a fixed
law of the Sugmad. . . . These are
the four laws for the Mahdis, the
initiate of the Fifth Circle and above.
They shall be abided by and shall
have the respect given to the Mahanta,
for each law within itself has great
authority and power. The works
of Eckankar depend mainly upon
ME: Right! The business of Eckankar
depends mainly upon it's free voluntary
sales staff versus the limited, lack
luster, and paltry efforts of the M/LEM....
Book Two, pp. 51–52
BTW, if others want to discuss
other items listed in the Spiritual
Duties of the EK H.I. you can
go to Eckankar.org and to
Members Only and select H.I.
user name: june2013
- << Previous post in topic