      RESAs. Plus, look at all of those
      overweight H.I.s! Are they gluttonous
      in any way? Yet, H.I.s are supposed
      to be good examples and the righthand
      of the Mahanta. And, look at all of
      those really mean and nasty H.I.s
      out there... they are truly brutes!

      2) The Mahdis shall not speak with
      tongue of vanity or deceit or unhappiness,
      criticize the actions of others, blame
      others for wrongdoings, quarrel, fight,
      or inflict injury. He shall at all times
      be respectful and courteous to his
      fellowman and show great compassion
      and happiness.

      ME: Unfortunately, this also
      makes it very difficult to complain
      about the negativity and verbal
      or emotional abuse of other ECKists,
      especially, RESAs. And, when people
      aren't doing as they say they will
      do this makes complaining more
      difficult. Plus, it is instructing H.I.s
      to Fake Happiness when they might
      be very upset due to a loss of health
      (cancer), wealth (foreclosure), job
      loss, a loss of a loving relationship
      (divorce), or the death of a loved one.
      All in all, these are ridiculous guidelines.

      3) The Mahdis shall have humility,
      love, and freedom from all bonds
      of creeds. He shall be free from the
      laws of karma which snare him with
      boastfulness and vanity. He shall
      have love for all people and all
      creatures of the Sugmad.

      ME: How does karmic freedom happen
      when Klemp can't keep any promises?
      And, how does karmic freedom affect
      ego and vanity alone? Why are these
      focused upon versus disease, good
      fortune, and spiritual growth?

      4) The Mahdis must preach the
      message of ECK at all times, and
      prove to the world that he is an
      example of purity and happiness.
      He must show that the disciple in
      the human body must have a Master
      in the human body. This is a fixed
      law of the Sugmad. . . . These are
      the four laws for the Mahdis, the
      initiate of the Fifth Circle and above.
      They shall be abided by and shall
      have the respect given to the Mahanta,
      for each law within itself has great
      authority and power. The works
      of Eckankar depend mainly upon
      the Mahdis.

      ME: Right! The business of Eckankar
      depends mainly upon it's free voluntary
      sales staff versus the limited, lack
      luster, and paltry efforts of the M/LEM....
      Klemp.

      —The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad,
      Book Two, pp. 51–52

      BTW, if others want to discuss