6701Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Review of The Karma Seeker

  • etznab18
    Apr 14, 2013
      "Rod of Power" I suppose could have different meanings and kundalini
      energy and the spine is interesting. I don't recall "Rod of Power"
      being defined this way in eckankar though.

      I'm not sure there is much description in Eckankar. However, here is
      what Paul Twitchell's dictionary said:

      ROD OF POWER The power of the Word of God which is given to that being
      who has been chosen, by the ECK as it descends and enters into the new
      Master; the power which makes him the actual manifestation of God at
      the rites of the initiation of accepting the Rod of ECK Power; the
      power of the Mahanta consciousness.

      One of my earlier quotes from the Internet read:

      In the Vedas, Kundalini is addressed as a goddess. She is Vak, the
      deity of speech. And in Egyptian, Messi (messiah) is the name of a
      serpent designated the "Sacred Word" (Logos).

      So Eckankar has "The power of the Word of God ... ."

      If one looks at the section entitled Christ the Logos it reads as if
      the "Word" is masculine.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos#Christ_the_Logos

      This is not the case in all religions. In Hinduism the power of
      creation is often associated with a Goddess. Example, Prakriti.

      Prakrti or Prakriti or Prakruti (from Sanskrit language प्रकृति,
      prakṛti) means "nature".[1] It is, according to Hinduism, the basic
      nature of intelligence by which the Universe exists and functions. It
      is described in Bhagavad Gita as the "primal motive force". It is the
      essential constituent of the universe and is at the basis of all the
      activity of the creation.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prakriti

      I think she is referring to "Rod" in the patriarchal sense of the male
      organ, known by some as an erect penis...:) I believe it is true that
      in religion generally, males have had the power and have attempted to
      keep women in their place, although sometimes brainwashed women also
      preach the same thing and apparently wish to be subservient to males.
      Earth based religions may be different,in that women have often had an
      equal or even a major role in society.

      "Rod of Power" I suppose could have different meanings and kundalini
      energy and the spine is interesting. I don't recall "Rod of Power"
      being defined this way in eckankar though.

      Non ;)

      > In the Vedas, Kundalini is addressed as a goddess. She is Vak, the
      > deity of speech. And in Egyptian, Messi (messiah) is the name of a
      > serpent designated the "Sacred Word" (Logos).
      >
      > http://www.kundaliniresearch.org/moses.html
      >
      > According to well-known teacher and translator Eknath Easwaran,
      > kundalini means "the coiled power," a force which ordinarily rests
      at
      > the base of the spine, described as being coiled there like a
      > serpent.[11] The concept can be found under different names. For
      > example the 8th century Tantrasadbhava Tantra uses the term
      kundali
      > ("she who is ring-shaped").[12]
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini#Etymology
      >
      > I guess it depends on what you mean by "rod". If rod is symbolic
      for
      > the spine, or conduit, then women have "rods" too. And the spine
      is a
      > "rod" which channels energy to the head and brain. Women and men
      both
      > have these.
      >
      > What does the phrase "Rod of Power" really mean? Power suggests
      Shakti,
      > IMO. I would even go far as say there can be no "rod" without
      "energy",
      > or "power". For example, can a double helix of DNA form without
      > "energy"? Can an atom maintain it's form without energy? Can a man
      even
      > be born without a womb and matrix to feed it energy?
      >
      > Just saying :)

      Seeker

      > women will never be Masters this goes for maost religions. I quess
      > because women don't have a rod powerful or other wise
      > Diana
      "harrisonferrel"
      > harrisonferrel@ wrote:
      > >
      > > EXACTLY!!
      > >
      > > This proves my point. Look at the misogynistic writings of
      > Twitchell; only a man can hold the rod of power and be the
      Mahanta.
      > More bullshit from the minds of humans.
      > >
      > > And, regarding Atlantis, I'd recommend watching Brittany
      Hughes on
      > the BBC. She has a great special on Atlantis. Not a great mystery
      > really.
      > >
      > > However, if you are always looking for the mysterious then
      you'll
      > be a deer in the headlights every time someone says something
      fantastic
      > that's beyond your knowledge base. eckists are way too gullible
      and
      > NEVER check facts when Harold vomits out his litany of lies.

      > "prometheus_973" <prometheus_973@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello All,
      > > > I don't want to say that
      > > > I have a closed mind