6700Re: Review of The Karma Seeker

  • noneckchains
    Apr 13, 2013
      I think she is referring to "Rod" in the patriarchal sense of the male organ, known by some as an erect penis...:) I believe it is true that in religion generally, males have had the power and have attempted to keep women in their place, although sometimes brainwashed women also preach the same thing and apparently wish to be subservient to males. Earth based religions may be different,in that women have often had an equal or even a major role in society.

      "Rod of Power" I suppose could have different meanings and kundalini energy and the spine is interesting. I don't recall "Rod of Power" being defined this way in eckankar though.

      Non ;)

      > In the Vedas, Kundalini is addressed as a goddess. She is Vak, the
      > deity of speech. And in Egyptian, Messi (messiah) is the name of a
      > serpent designated the "Sacred Word" (Logos).
      >
      > http://www.kundaliniresearch.org/moses.html
      >
      > According to well-known teacher and translator Eknath Easwaran,
      > kundalini means "the coiled power," a force which ordinarily rests at
      > the base of the spine, described as being coiled there like a
      > serpent.[11] The concept can be found under different names. For
      > example the 8th century Tantrasadbhava Tantra uses the term kundali
      > ("she who is ring-shaped").[12]
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini#Etymology
      >
      > I guess it depends on what you mean by "rod". If rod is symbolic for
      > the spine, or conduit, then women have "rods" too. And the spine is a
      > "rod" which channels energy to the head and brain. Women and men both
      > have these.
      >
      > What does the phrase "Rod of Power" really mean? Power suggests Shakti,
      > IMO. I would even go far as say there can be no "rod" without "energy",
      > or "power". For example, can a double helix of DNA form without
      > "energy"? Can an atom maintain it's form without energy? Can a man even
      > be born without a womb and matrix to feed it energy?
      >
      > Just saying :)

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic