6610Pseudo Events - Trivia

  • etznab18
    Jan 19, 2013
      Sharing this because I just now found out about it.

      (1) Search for the word God in Boorstin's 1961 book, The Image.

      http://tinyurl.com/as88ksd

      (2) Note the words "The Laws of Nature and of Nature's God" on p. 182.

      (3) Compare p. 11 in Boorstin's book with p. 75 (last paragraph) of Twitchell's Letters to Gail III.

      http://www.scribd.com/doc/19980986/Letters-To-Gail-3

      Example: Keywords "intriguing feature" and

      "There remains a tantalizing difference between man-made and God-made events."

      - A sentence that appears in both books, by Boorstin (1961) and Twitchell (1964 letter & 1990 book.)

      ***

      Evidently, Paul Twitchell (in 1964) quoted some of Boorstin's book when he wrote his letter to Gail on February 29th, 1964. But how many people, before now, knew that Boorstin also (earlier) wrote the same sentence?

      "There remains a tantalizing difference between man-made and God-made events."

      https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups&hl=en#!topic/alt.religion.eckankar/TyAy_z3eMPQ

      ***

      There are other sentences exact between the two authors.

      I like having found this because I can now compare the two sources and learn how each author described the subject. Also can learn if Paul Twitchell reworded in any places another author's copyrighted work.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic