      religion and a cult is how
      much property they own."
      It was something like that.
      Look at the Mormon Church!

      Thus, IMO, Eckankar will
      always remain a cult. LOL!

      Prometheus

      iam freedom wrote:
      I still remember years ago in the Mystic World HK wrote that being happy should
      not be a goal of an Eckist. He compared happiness to a cow in a herd of cattle.
      In another part of the teachings it states of course that Soul is a happy
      entity, that when the individual becomes aware of themself as Soul they are
      naturally more happy.

      If you pointed out this contradiction to an Eckist they would say something
      like, "stop being so mental, the teaching is not a mental path." Many Eckists
      are neither happy nor kind. They turn on themselves with power plays to enhance
      their egos. They are brainwashed that an higher initiation will lead them to
      solve their unhappiness. On and on the hypocrisy and delusion goes.

      I AM.......HAPPY LOL

      "iam999freedom" wrote:

      > Thanks Prometheus for writing challenging angles to view life from. And
      regardless of our origins it still seems to come down to finding and sharing
      meaning, purpose, love, care etc. in our lives.

      > Wow Janice your heart-felt expression of love for life and tolerance for the
      sociopathically insane really touched me. I have a lot of learning to get to the
      point that you expressed....very inspirational amd appreciated.

      > I AM
      >
      > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Janice Pfeiffer wrote:
      > >
      > > Thank you Prometheus, I enjoyed your writing very much. The way I see it
      when the bad guys do bad things and the sociopaths use it for their purposes,
      there are always the good guys who step forth and do the right things. We
      talked a lot about that school shooting recently and I believe that is a
      happening that stunned us all. The senselessness of what happened is not
      something a loving heart can even begin to understand. But there where people
      there who gave their lives to protect helpless children. There were people
      from all over the country who helped in anyway they could. That town came
      together to support each other in an amazing way. Shared grief does appear to
      make a lighter burden for the individual. So for me, I think there is a kind
      of balance of good and evil even if it is the evil we hear the most about. We
      hear so much of the bad it is hard to keep believing in the good. But when
      people are hurt, there are always others
      > > who come forward and do what they can to give comfort and love. It
      doesn't take the pain away but it shows those who are hurting that there is
      still love in the world and no number of atrocities can destroy that
      willingness to help others. Maybe part of growing is learning to discern the
      motives of others and learning not to be taken in by sociopaths. Maybe part of
      what we are here to do is to love against all odds when the media blasts us
      everyday with horrible stories and tells us how close we are to being blown away
      by foreign threats. Maybe what we are learning is that a loving heart is a
      strong heart while those who usually do these horrible things are afraid and
      broken inside. Maybe those sociopaths aren't the strongest either since it
      takes so much energy just maintaining their facades that they don't really see
      the precious things in life like those loving relationships you mentioned.Â
      After all, most of them are so busy hiding their
      > > true selves they are obviously cowards. They don't live life, they hide
      from life while trying to grab all they can for themselves. You got to admit
      that life is full of smoke and mirrors and the real gems in life may not sparkle
      like diamonds but do give off a quiet beauty that only those with the knowledge
      to appreciate them can even see them. So I guess those sociopaths have a lot
      of learning to do and a lot of growing to do before they can ever even start to
      see a glint of beauty in life itself. When you love, your heart can break but
      can you really say the love wasn't worth it? I would rather know my heart will
      hurt than not to feel anything for others at all. Strong loving hearts will
      mend but those shattered beings who harm and use others haven't even begun the
      journey. Loving hearts can and will share the pain. Eckankar doesn't do
      anything for anyone but eckankar. So what does that say about the lem and the
      other leaders of
      > > eckankar? I'd say those they use are closer to perfection than they can
      even see. Bless all the loving eckist tonight.Â

      prometheus wrote:

> [...]
      > > > overrun by your enemies;
      > > > people brutalized, tortured
      > > > and killed, one is to have
      > > > Faith in God and a hereafter
      > > > reward for keeping this
      > > > faith. God's ego needs
      > > > you to believe in him
      > > > regardless of what pain
      > > > he allows to befall you.
      > > >
      > > > One needs to project
      > > > a sense of hope in order
      > > > to better endure life, as
      > > > it is, no matter how bad.
      > > >
      > > > And, it's easier to face these
      > > > challenges when you believe
      > > > that God is on your side and
      > > > not that of your oppressor.
      > > >
      > > > However, does God really
      > > > take sides? It seems that God
      > > > is/was created in man's image.
      > > >
      > > > All of this, it seems, is simply
      > > > an experiment to see if we
      > > > are all capable of evolving
      > > > into our "spiritual" potential.
      > > > Are we to become more than
      > > > merely a divine thought?
      > > > Maybe there is something
      > > > more to that piece of a mirror
      > > > analogy.
      > > >
      > > > Anyway, religions (even Eckankar)
      > > > has the belief that you (and your
      > > > fellow believers or countrymen)
      > > > deserved the punishments as
      > > > repayment for sin. Some call it
      > > > Karma or cause and effect, or
      > > > what you sow you reap. Plus,
      > > > most religions see everyday
      > > > living and hardships as a test
      > > > of faith. Yet, one is supposed
      > > > to donate money to support
      > > > the specific dogma that, basically,
      > > > says and promises the same
      > > > or similar things in the imagined
      > > > hereafter.
      > > >
      > > > Plus, each religion has always
      > > > blamed the non-believers for
      > > > the sins that they suffer under
      > > > as well. Eckankar is no different
      > > > and Klemp is more like these
      > > > preachers than EKists could ever
      > > > admit.
      > > >
      > > > Well, got to go now....
      > > > I just had some thoughts
      > > > to share.
      > > >
      > > > Prometheus
      > > >
      > > "Non" wrote:
      > > So true about Googling Krishnamurti or the current Dahlia Lama for quotes
      > > compared to klemp. Why? Furor Klemp just doesn't do his own spiritual
      > > exercises, because he is a FRAUD. Ever see him lead his followers in
      anything
      > > beyond maybe a hu chant or something else lame. Everything he learned was
      > > from plagiarized material and he didn't even bother to study under anyone
      > > tails of deceivers and peddlers of consumer packaged DELUSION. Anything
      > > he says is carefully crafted by probably ghost writers in books and stupid
      > > answers to ask the master etc.
      > > >
      > > Krishnamurti disavowed Theosophy when he could have exploited others
      > > as the new World teacher. That's honesty and integrity and he would say to
      > > not believe in anything he said, but find out for your self. The Dahlia Lama
      > > is similar and admits that he does not know for sure if he is the true
      Dahlia
      > > Lama and to always question your teacher or "Master", and he has turned
      > > leadership in Tibet in exile into a Democracy. Klemp never says to question
      > > him, because as is stated on the WEB site, eckankar is a hierarchical
      religion,
      > > with the living eck master as the ultimate authority. (Mein Kampf (My
      Struggle
> [...]
      > > > imagine what they want,
      > > > need and expect until
      > > > they go too far and have
      > > > to have a behaviour
      > > > adjustment by their RESA.
      > > > That's why Klemp usually
      > > > gives a very one dimensional
      > > > perspective when he tells
      > > > a story.
      > > >
      > > > Plus, Klemp's lazy so
      > > > why put too much
      > > > effort into it! And, he
      > > > figures that all he needs
      > > > to do is the KISS thing
      > > > of Keeping It Simple (for)
      > > > Stupid. Of course EKies
      > > > will substitute Soul for
      > > > Stupid but Stupid fits!
      > > >
      > > > It's really quite amazing
      > > > how simple Klemp's
      > > > redundant message is.
      > > > If EKists would just compare
      > > > Klemp's simple minded
      > > > witticisms to other "spiritual"
      > > > leaders one would have
      > > > to wonder what they see
      > > > in Klemp. He's an embarrassment,
      > > > but they just laugh at his
      > > > quirkiness because he's
      > > > operating on so many
      > > > high planes of consciousness
      > > > simultaneously. LOL!
      > > >
      > > > Just Google Kristamurti's
      > > > quotes or the Dali Lama's.
      > > > Klemp, the great Mahanta,
      > > > isn't even in the same ball
      > > > park with the current Dali
      > > > Lama! And, in HK's Autobiography
      > > > (pg. 385) he claims that
      > > > Buddhism is a 4th Plane
      > > > religion while Eckankar
      > > > is a 14th Plane Religion!
      > > > But, EKists need to compare
      > > > the two leaders and how
      > > > they present themselves
      > > > and what they have to say.
      > > >
      > > > Will ECKists make the
      > > > comparison? No, of course
      > > > not! They won't even allow
      > > > the door to be opened a
      > > > crack because some light
      > > > might get in and show
      > > > them the Truth. They can't
      > > > handle the Truth and
      > > > would rather remain ignorant.
      > > > It's much easier, besides,
      > > > what would they replace
      > > > Eckankar with? It's too much
      > > > responsibility to think for
      > > > oneself and exercise free
      > > > will. And, it would make
      > > > life too lonely to lose all
      > > > of those EK friends.
      > > >
      > > > Prometheus
      > > >

      > > > Janice Pfeiffer wrote:
      > > > Well, since HK is the mahanta why couldn't he have simple told the man
      that
      > > > the child was or was not the soul of his mother? Yep, he is wishy washy to
      say
      > > > the least. He doesn't seem to ever answer a question directly. I guess he
      is
      > > > afraid to give a committed answer because some one else might write in and
      ask
      > > > the same question and he might give the opposite answer. Smells like a

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic