6555Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: A BOOK ABOUT LOVE

    Dec 25, 2012
      A couple more things about Lila, I offer a couple contemplation seeds
      (what I recently found) from the following link.

      http://www.sam-gill.com/Lecture%20PDFs/Lila%20nataraja%20and%20dancing%20as%20play.pdf

      "[...] It is perhaps best not to think of this in a temporal and
      sequential way, but rather in structural terms. Not first there was
      unity and then there was differentiation into multiplicity, but rather
      that there is self that is also always other and that such a
      perspective isn’t possible in any static sense, but only in movement.
      [... .]"

      I really liked that excerpt and what it contained.

      This next excerpt makes things sound a bit confusing, but from that
      whole page it was the other section I found most interesting.

      "As we learned from Schiller, Gadamer, and Derrida, play is more akin
      to the ceaseless structurality of the self-referential paradox that
      resides, according to Handelman, in the boundary, the passage place.
      For Schiller play is a “third thing” or “drive” that arises when two
      drives that are in a relationship in which each enables and controls
      the other interact in “concert.” This “third thing,” play, is thus more
      accurately the oscillatory interactive reversible interdependent
      connection that holds the two together while assuring that neither ever
      overwhelms the other or that they dissolve their differences into a
      unity. Play is the way of acknowledging this kind of structurality,
      this perpetual movement, this magical interrelationship, this
      vitalizing connectivity that, as Schiller moved us to see, is Beauty."

      It would probably be easier to look at the first excerpt only. And in
      that case, would anybody here care to comment?