      dead while all of her classmates
      were murdered was fortunate.
      In their class picture she is exactly
      in the middle. She's in the middle
      row of the three rows and in
      the middle of that row.

      Prometheus

      iam999freedom wrote:
      I thought I'd share for those who may be interested about a wonderful book I've
      just finished reading. You may have heard about the book already as it was
      written recently in 2012 and received some media attention. The name of the book
      is "Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife" by Eben
      Alexander, MD.

      What makes his NDE (near death experience) so interesting is that before it he
      was an atheist and also because the validity of his NDE cannot be explained by
      conventional scientific/medical thought. He was attacked by e-coli menningitis
      and lay in a coma for seven days completely brain dead in the areas of the brain
      whereby a NDE and consciousness are considered possible. That he completely
      recovered is also considered to be a medical miracle. In the condition he was in
      there is a 90% death rate and even upon survival living in a vegetative state is
      expected.

      It's interesting how sometimes life works in synchronicity. I placed a hold on
      this book at the library about 3 months ago and just received the book this past
      Friday. In the wake of the Newtown shootings I was so shocked and saddened that
      the core of my experiences and beliefs were being crushed.

      Even though I am still deeply pained about what happened I now have a refreshed
      look at Ourselves and God (Whole, Love), evil, free will etc. I also feel
      rejeuvinated about the meaning of my life on earth.

      The following is an excerpt from the book that I found richly resonated within
      me:

      "there is not one universe but many - in fact more than I could conceive - but
      that love lay at the center of them all. Evil was present in all the other
      universes as well, but only in the tiniest trace amounts. Evil was necessary
      because without it free will was impossible, and without free will there could
      be no growth - no forward movement, no chance for us to become what God longed
      for us to be. Horrible and as-powerful as evil somtimes seemed to be in a world
      like ours, in the larger picture love was overwhelmingly dominant, and it would
      ultimatlely be triumphant."

      The book has many vivid descriptions of the other worlds, scientific debate and
      spiritual discussion, and is written in both a simple and explicit fascinating
      way that evoked love and compassion.

      Perhaps as importantly it emphasises that such worlds/states can be experienced
      with persistence meditative/comptemplative effort.

      I Am
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic