6550Re: A BOOK ABOUT LOVE

  • iam999freedom
    Dec 24, 2012
      I don't know what HK said about "free will" and genes as I left Eckankar years ago and don't have a liftetime membership. Maybe something original? If you could send a summary about it to ESA it would be appreciated as then I could tie it into what you said about the conjoined twins.

      In your post (below) I don't think I understand the significance of what you are expressing. Could you explain?

      I AM

      > About the quote from the book, the word that came to me was karma ...
      > in the sense of cause and effect. I am not saying that I necessarily
      > believe in all the different religious dogma definitions of karma.
      > Rather, I am looking at the word literally and believe that it suggests
      > "action" ("kara") and action of a personal nature.
      >
      > It just seems rudimentary there be a way to learn about action by the
      > effect it has. What would creation be for a creator if the creator did
      > not know the effect of a creation? And, perhaps, knowing the effect is
      > the way that creators learn? A classical example is that baby learns
      > about fire by being burned. In that sense karma, or the action of
      > touching fire, is instructive.
      >
      > I often have heard the saying that people are responsible for
      > everything that happens to them, good and bad, as if they had something
      > to do with it. However, given free will, one person could create
      > something bad (nuclear experiments, tests and bombs) that affects
      > millions of people, but I do not necessarily believe that the people
      > affected are "responsible" as if they created such things. That they
      > created nuclear fallout. Believe it or not, I remember even Harold
      > Klemp writing something to this effect years ago which, in so many
      > words, sounded like a debunking of predestination and the idea that
      > people are "responsible" (it is their karma) for everything that
      > happens to them. Instead, I got the impression Harold was saying there
      > were examples where other people create things that can affect us, and
      > that they are things we are not each personally "responsible" for.
      >
      > What I guess I am saying is that free will allows for individuals to
      > make "bad" choices, or choices that affect other people in a "bad" way.
      > History is filled with examples.
      >
      > ***
      >
      > Now, on the other hand, when Harold Klemp wrote about "free will" and
      > genes in the December 2012 Wisdom Note I had to say to myself: "It
      > looks to me like Harold has lost it!"
      >
      > Btw, I read that Wisdom Note just before bed. In the morning when I
      > turned on the TV there was a news blurb about conjoined twins that had
      > been successfully separated. Then they went on to describe the twins
      > and how they were NOT the same and that (in so many words) one had a
      > different character than the other.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic