6549Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] A BOOK ABOUT LOVE

    Dec 24, 2012
      About the quote from the book, the word that came to me was karma ...
      in the sense of cause and effect. I am not saying that I necessarily
      believe in all the different religious dogma definitions of karma.
      Rather, I am looking at the word literally and believe that it suggests
      "action" ("kara") and action of a personal nature.

      It just seems rudimentary there be a way to learn about action by the
      effect it has. What would creation be for a creator if the creator did
      not know the effect of a creation? And, perhaps, knowing the effect is
      the way that creators learn? A classical example is that baby learns
      about fire by being burned. In that sense karma, or the action of
      touching fire, is instructive.

      I often have heard the saying that people are responsible for
      everything that happens to them, good and bad, as if they had something
      to do with it. However, given free will, one person could create
      something bad (nuclear experiments, tests and bombs) that affects
      millions of people, but I do not necessarily believe that the people
      affected are "responsible" as if they created such things. That they
      created nuclear fallout. Believe it or not, I remember even Harold
      Klemp writing something to this effect years ago which, in so many
      words, sounded like a debunking of predestination and the idea that
      people are "responsible" (it is their karma) for everything that
      happens to them. Instead, I got the impression Harold was saying there
      were examples where other people create things that can affect us, and
      that they are things we are not each personally "responsible" for.

      What I guess I am saying is that free will allows for individuals to
      make "bad" choices, or choices that affect other people in a "bad" way.
      History is filled with examples.

      ***

      Now, on the other hand, when Harold Klemp wrote about "free will" and
      genes in the December 2012 Wisdom Note I had to say to myself: "It
      looks to me like Harold has lost it!"

      Btw, I read that Wisdom Note just before bed. In the morning when I
      turned on the TV there was a news blurb about conjoined twins that had
      been successfully separated. Then they went on to describe the twins
      and how they were NOT the same and that (in so many words) one had a
      different character than the other.