6547A BOOK ABOUT LOVE

  • iam999freedom
    Dec 23, 2012
      I thought I'd share for those who may be interested about a wonderful book I've just finished reading. You may have heard about the book already as it was written recently in 2012 and received some media attention. The name of the book is "Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife" by Eben Alexander, MD.

      What makes his NDE (near death experience) so interesting is that before it he was an atheist and also because the validity of his NDE cannot be explained by conventional scientific/medical thought. He was attacked by e-coli menningitis and lay in a coma for seven days completely brain dead in the areas of the brain whereby a NDE and consciousness are considered possible. That he completely recovered is also considered to be a medical miracle. In the condition he was in there is a 90% death rate and even upon survival living in a vegetative state is expected.

      It's interesting how sometimes life works in synchronicity. I placed a hold on this book at the library about 3 months ago and just received the book this past Friday. In the wake of the Newtown shootings I was so shocked and saddened that the core of my experiences and beliefs were being crushed.

      Even though I am still deeply pained about what happened I now have a refreshed look at Ourselves and God (Whole, Love), evil, free will etc. I also feel rejeuvinated about the meaning of my life on earth.

      The following is an excerpt from the book that I found richly resonated within me:

      "there is not one universe but many - in fact more than I could conceive - but that love lay at the center of them all. Evil was present in all the other universes as well, but only in the tiniest trace amounts. Evil was necessary because without it free will was impossible, and without free will there could be no growth - no forward movement, no chance for us to become what God longed for us to be. Horrible and as-powerful as evil somtimes seemed to be in a world like ours, in the larger picture love was overwhelmingly dominant, and it would ultimatlely be triumphant."

      The book has many vivid descriptions of the other worlds, scientific debate and spiritual discussion, and is written in both a simple and explicit fascinating way that evoked love and compassion.

      Perhaps as importantly it emphasises that such worlds/states can be experienced with persistence meditative/comptemplative effort.

      I Am
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic