6541Re: It's So Sad About the Newtown, CT. Shootings

  • Non
    Dec 20, 2012
      I think humans are still in the early stages of evolving. We are arrogant about our status in the world, imo, and are still learning how to be better and more compassionate. Within us all is a destructive force and a life/creative force. And we are still very much a part of our animal ancestry.

      It is interesting that some of these horrendous acts are being committed by very intelligent people who lack a sense of feeling and caring, and were very shy and sensitive. Gifted children often lack emotional integrity and are very often confused and even in need of Psychotherapy, especially if they come from a family or school that does not know how to handle teaching emotional intelligence. Something to consider.

      Non ;)

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "iam999freedom" <iam999freedom@...> wrote:

      > Sounds like a another critique of mans' fallenness and incapacity to establish a sane world. Have heard of all this before which is why I am so obsessed with coming to a sense of meaningfullness about it all. Will probably get the book hoping it probes a wide spectrum of other issues which helps to "explain the madness".
      >
      > Btw, thanks to Prometheus for allowing us to explore these issues on this website. I really feel that part of the cult recovery process is to establish a sense of stability and meaning beyond the cult experience.
      >
      > Freedom
      >

      > "etznab18" <etznab@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Here are some quotes from the book I mentioned earlier.
      > >
      > >   "For the creation of a thing so vast as a world, Creative Intelligence must have a vast amount of matter. The second question then is: Where did this matter come from? Though scoffed at but a few years ago, it is now known that matter is but 'congealed energy.' This implies a congealing process and a pre-physical source of matter, something like that of the nonphysical electron. Dr I. Langmuir called this source the quantel, a significant term and we shall use it. A more familiar name, however, is etheric energy. But is this the ultimate source of matter? May it not be but one of the many vibratory rates of energy? It is." [Lloyd M. Graham, Deceptions and Myths Of The Bible, p. 14]
      > >
      > >   "... there has not been a genuine metaphysician in the world for six thousand years. If there had been, he would have seen the fallacies of both science and religion and exposed them." [Lloyd M. Graham, Deceptions and Myths Of The Bible, p. 16]
      > >
      > > "Would you call a humanity civilized that has a hundred wars in as many years? that spends trillions of dollars on murder weapons while its schools and hospitals close for want of funds? that lets half its people starve while the other half sickens from overeating? Would you call a humanity enlightened that poisons the air, the water and the soil? that doesn't know mythology from history?, or even what it exists for? This is the animal estate." [Lloyd M. Graham, Deceptions and Myths Of The Bible, p. 75]
      > >
      > > "The cunning hands of the priests perverted the entire Bible. It was they who made the redaction after the so-called Exilic period, and by that time they were the sole authority. Their purpose was the creation of a supernatural basis for a religion, hence the perversion of the original truth, than which there is no greater crime. As Dr. Johnson said: 'I know not any crime so great that a man could contrive to commit as poisoning the source of eternal truth.' And according to Kipling, 'Words are the most powerful drug used by mankind.' And the scriptures are the most deadly concoction of them all. They are the prescientific opiates, tranquilizers and placebos." [Lloyd M. Graham, Deceptions and Myths Of The Bible, p. 82]

> [...]
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic