6529Re: Religion, Belief, God and Such

  • iam999freedom
    Dec 17, 2012
      Hi Prometheus, Thanks for your insights/comments about this subject.

      A few weeks or so ago somebody (can't remember who, I think it may have been Post Eck-Con) posted on this site that he/she doesn't feel threatened anymore about admitting that God, Spirit, etc is unknown. That essentially saying that we don't know is not at all to be seen as ignorant or negative but rather as truthfull.

      I had this same insight as a kid but over the years more or less allowed myself to be brainwashed by others who claimed to have "all the answers". Not that I totally believed all of their claims but that I allowed some of what they said to influence my thinking. ie., Eckankar.

      Now I'm back to saying that I don't know and that's okay. Thanks again.

      Freedom

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973" wrote:

      Hello All,
      The truth is we don't
      know what the Truth
      is.

      That's why religions
      have created their
      version of lies using
      embellished and
      highly edited stories.

      At first it was based
      upon a pre-science
      explanation of the
      cosmos using myth
      and superstition, yet,
      similar mythology
      is still being used
      today as though it's
      still valid. Even Eckankar
      has a Garden of Eden
      myth with an Adom
      and Ede (see Polarians).

      Whatever the Truth
      is it's subjective and
      can be experienced
      (somewhat) only via
      what seems to be the
      individual's consciousness.
      No one really knows
      for certain and that's
      why there are so
      many religions and
      so many con men.

      Basically, God, Spirit,
      Angels, etc. is still
      speculation.

      Perhaps humankind
      will be capable of
      learning more as
      the mind evolves.
      Maybe we, via our
      overall actions, are
      heading toward that
      evolution where we
      will naturally become
      enlightened... in
      spite of ourselves.

      prometheus

      etznab@ wrote:

      Here's an other thought. Maybe there is no distinction between God and
      Soul. That there are no Souls and no Gods. And that everything that
      exists, all individuals, are inherently nothing but the same ONE thing
      which, for some, is something they sacrifice by living under the
      illusion of being something less. In this case it is no less than "God"
      responsible for all good things and all evil things as a matter of
      individual choice.

      Is it really beyond the ONE existent reality to "limit itself"? Nature
      would seem to indicate otherwise.

      Yes this sounds like far out talk, but that is only the result of
      looking at it a particular way. What I am saying is that God can limit
      itself and not limit itself at the same time, because God - the true
      realization of it - exists as part of a realm devoid of time as we know
      it.

      Take human thoughts as an example of what I'm trying to get at. People
      can imagine limitation and even imagine being killed and being reborn.
      But when those are only thoughts it doesn't change the constitution and
      the makeup of the person having those thoughts. Like, I could imagine
      myself as an ant but that would only be an imagination and would not
      change the fact that I am human just having a thought of being an ant.
      So what is to say that God can't also imagine, or think, and in no way
      is God, or the ONE, changed by having thoughts.

      And then again, what is to say that people (in the greater scheme) are
      not really God identifying with creation to such an extent as to
      identify with the creation as opposed to the creator? After
      identification with creation is severed upon physical death, perhaps
      the realization of God increases and there might be something to the
      belief in various inner bodies and inner planes. If the individual
      believes and identifies with the creations there, as here.

      From: prometheus_973 prometheus_973@
      Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] It's So Sad About the
      Newtown, CT. Shootings
      To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com