6521Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Klemp Chastises H.I.s About "Guidelines"

  • Janice Pfeiffer
    Dec 17, 2012
      Prometheus,

      The way we blame ourselves for what we see as mistakes is something I have thought about quite a bit.

      As a young person, I blamed my parents for all I didn't get growing up.  I think most of us do get critical of the job our parents did at some point.  I must say my upbringing wasn't very good over all.

      Well, the way I worked it out for myself was I decided they gave me the best they knew how to give at the time.  There was love there and they did give me as much as they were capable of.  They gave what they could.  They were not capable of more.

      I like most people have done things that I now consider mistakes, even some really bad mistakes.  But just like my parents I acted under the best info I had at the time.

      It is not an excuse and it is not a victim type attitude.  If you don't know better, you can't do better.

      If I knew when I was born, all I know now, I could have avoided most of the mistakes I ever made.

      We all know that's not possible.

      I know some of us come in as more advanced souls but we don't get here and immediately know what we are; not with out some experience in life.  It's the bumps and scrapes that helps us define who we are.

      You did no permanent damage to anyone in eckankar because nothing we experience has a forever affect.  If they held on to resentment about an initiation, that is theirs to work out.

      You weren't even told the real lies that the org perpetrates to keep people in.

      You were forced to play a guessing game about the whole thing with the half truths you got.

      Besides you were indoctrinated into the world of how to be a good eckist, good HI and all  positions you may have held.

      You believed in what you were doing because you believed in the the teachings and the org.

      How can you be wrong if you don't know you are wrong?

      You got to a point where you decided you were wrong.

      You changed course.

      A not so strong person might have stayed in the circus knowing they were wrong but wouldn't change it.

      In my eyes that makes you blameless for anything that happened in the org.

      I do have a question.  You explained a lot about the thinking behind what is done like the claims of more training in eckankar procedures and such when a person is being for considered for initiations.  What does training in the org have to do with spiritual development?  I thught an initiation was given for spiritual reasons.  It seems to me that in eckankar, although all the books were about spiritual development and contemplation techniques, over all, eckankar was blatantly showing HI's that the most important thing was service to the org.  Doesn't sound like they cared one bit about real spiritual growth for anyone.  Was it directly implied that your spiritual growth depended on service to eckankar?  Maybe it was meant that you are responsible for your own spiritual growth while you owe service to eckankar with both your time and money.  Is that it?

      I read every eckankar book available at the time I was in.  I even had access to some that were out of print which were loaned to me by some one who was in during Paul's time.  I got to read Letters to Gail and Paul's books of fiction which I have forgotten the names of now.  If eckankar is now depending on that dry, uninspiring crap hk writes, eckankar is doomed.  There's no way, new people will get hooked on that stuff.

      Thank you Prometheus