      hypocrisy (as does Klemp)
      and that of his long-time
      followers with convincing
      rationalizations. EKists
      merely pretend, dream,
      deny the truth, and play
      the game of follow-the-

      harrisonferrel wrote:
      Your question: "My only question for you is why is the subject of anger so
      disturbing for you? Are you uncomfortable with what you are feeling? Can you
      clarify for yourself why you are angry or what the concept of anger means to
      you? "

      ANSWER: Through Eckankar I've met a number of people who talked about anger
      being an evil of sorts. This is a common thread among cults — to call someone
      angry. The idea is basically to keep people from getting angry at the nonsense
      you're peddling. Klemp and Twitchell talked about the evils of anger. The
      problem of course is that anger is a tool that any normal mind has; it motivates
      people to stand up for themselves and to oppose groups like eckankar that are
      trying to get away with injuring people.

      <harrisonferrel wrote:
      > I would have to say that the opposite of fear is a lack of concern or even
      courage, but not anger. But I would agree that fear is a device used by klemp
      just as it is used by all religions to keep people in line and from challenging
      the leader.
      > Anger isn't a bad thing and I remember hearing from eckists, including klemp
      and a current family member who is still in the cult, that anger is a weakness.
      Of course it makes sense that they would say this because it is our innate
      feeling of anger that drives us to resist the bullshit of the cult and its
      illogical, improbable and absurd notions.
      Janice Pfeiffer wrote:

      > > Thanks for the article. The truth is Klemp can't conceive that any eckist
      would feel anger or at least not toward him or eckankar because after all how
      could they, since eckankar and the mahanta is the answer for everything in their
      lives. In eckankar anger is very wrong and is believed to show a lack of
      adjustment to the concepts of eckankar. It means you are not properly brain
      washed. While in, I think I felt more bewildered than angry.

      > > Klemp doesn't care that all of us who woke up from our eckankar induced
      stupor are angry about the lies and deceit because we are now considered
      unworthy misfits anyway. If I am remembering right, supposedly, according to
      eckankar, we are all damned for simply walking away and will have to
      re-ingratiate ourselves at some point with our present lem. Perish the

      > > Fear is what eckankar uses to keep people from guestioning the lem or the
      operation of the org. Anger is the opposite of fear. So therefore, angry
      eckist would only be those who are ready to get out of eckankar. Of course
      that is undesirable in an eckist and one of the main reasons you aren't
      allowed to ask questions about why Paul lied and why they continue to lie to get
      new people in. I believe when you learn the truth about how eckankar was
      founded and how it operates, you come to a changing point. You either become
      self delusional to stay in or the lies drive you away.

      > > Instead of eckankar admitting that the lies are a problem, they label the
      ones who are offended by the lies as misfits. The whole concept is insane in
      itself for an org that talks so much about spiritual truth. How can you
      justify obviously lies and call it spiritual truth? That is what they do and
      if you don't buy it, you are of no use to them. You are not willing to deceive
      yourself for the sake of eckankar.

      > > My only question for you is why is the subject of anger so disturbing for
      you? Are you uncomfortable with what you are feeling? Can you clarify for
      yourself why you are angry or what the concept of anger means to you?

      > > The article speaks of how anger can be a good catalyst for needed change.
      I think that is the key to handling it well. Anger is something normal that we
      all feel. To say different would be a lie. I think when anger is acute, it
      shows a need to change whatever causes it whether it is a change in self or the
      external conditions that caused it. I believe that is what prompted most of us
      to get out of insane eckankar.

      > > You are as normal as anyone else with your anger. I hope you can clarify
      it and use it for your own good. You obviously are most intelligent and
      capable of handling it.

      harrisonferrel wrote:

      > > Here's an article mentioning klemp and the anger nonsense he instills in

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic