6435Re: Statistics question

  • Sharon
    Nov 20, 2012
      <giggle> Not only did I keep a photo of Klemp on the TV, I gave one to my son for his wallet & told him Harold would always protect him, and he should talk to him, etc. Years later he told me he thought I was nuts. He said he felt like there was "someone or something" always with him, but it sure as heck wasn't Klemp, and it had nothing to do with ekult.

      Anyway, when I got on the internet the first place I landed was alt.religion.eckankar, which was quite something back then! An HI told me there were evil entities on the internet and some eckists had actually experienced them coming out of the monitor. So, I put a photo of Klemp right on the wall over the monitor.

      Gotta laugh, you know? Reminds me of a silly eckstory, an eckist was riding on an airplane and "knew" it was going to crash, so she conjured up little eckanmechanics in her head to tighten all the nuts & bolts. When she debarked, she noticed the pilot and thought wow, he had *no* idea that the plane was going to crash but "the eck" saved him!

      Oh - while I think of it, Diana - did you ever think about writing a book? It would be fascinating - and I might even buy one new & full price!!

      Hugs,

      Sharon

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Non" <eckchains@...> wrote:

      > And yet there are still those who surround themselves with photos of klemp, in wallets, on dash boards, luggage tags etc.sold by eckankar inc. It is so strange, yet I guess it is just another example of how dangerous the Herd mentality is in us humans. What you describe sounds very much like any ritual done by a Nazi or the KKK, etc. and other Cults and Religions, claiming to have ultimate dogmatic truth, that is only a lot of sticky ugly lies.
      >
      > Fortunately, I think the younger generation sees through a lot of bull shit that we were drawn into because we thought that truth and authority and exotic philosophies didn't have to be questioned much. We were more easily fooled than today. It is interesting that the percentage of those unaffiliated with any Religion or Spirituality is increasing, and I hope this trend continues.
      >
      > Non ; )
      >
      > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Diana Stanley" <dianastanley43@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I left Eck around 25 years ago after being in the middle of the bulls++it between darwin and harold. They were both contacting me trying to convince me they were the real Mahanta.Darwin even called me one night drunk and crying saying he was the real master. I told him to go to bed.
      > > I saw some of the worst of activities. It was still hard to pull the
      > > plug on Eck as I had a close nit family of friends. Some like me pulled
      > > out and others stayed in. Some of them left later. I doubt there are any statistics about how many. They lied so much about so many things
      > > One thing has always bothered me. I did a painting of the passing of the
      > > "Rod of Power" they made a print of it,this was after Paul died.
      > > When Harod took over I was told he and a few others took the painting to the desert did a cerimony Burned the painting and buried it,
      > > if harold did'nt believe Darwin was the Mahanta but a con man Why did he go to the trouble of burning his painting? There are a lot of ways to destroy a painting.
      > > I am rambling.
      > > Diana Stanley

      > > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Avonblue" <gowiththeflow1212@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Does anyone have facts on the number of members eckankar has had since its conception in the 60's; how many members have actually left over the years and how many members there are now?
      > > > It's hard for me to imagine that many people are being sucked into this organization anymore.
      > > >
      > > > Also, has there been any precedent for anyone going after eckankar for membership (dollars) return based on fraudulent representation or does the fact that they call it a membership "donation" preclude that as legal possibility?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic