6422Re: "The Karma Seeker"

  • Sharon
    Nov 15, 2012
      So, another eckanborg crawls out of the woodwork, selling a book and card readings, much like the Twitchster when he started out - so, Stefan, what are you going to call your "path" when you get enough followers? Or don't you have a name for it yet?

      So, you're keeping your membership and HI "status" - understandable, like Jerry Mulvin to Ford Johnson, ekult is a good source of new members. Are you afraid to lose those initiations and return to the consciousness of a rock? And wander for eternity in astral hell until you come crawling back to "the master"?

      You don't want ECKANKAR mentioned in book reviews at Amazon? Why not? You've got ECKANKAR at the top of your links list at your karmaseeker website.

      It's so sad what 20 years in ekult does to people. I doubt very much if you "get" what's wrong with this whole picture, with what you're doing.

      I left ekult because honesty and integrity are important to me. Two qualities which are lacking in ekult as an organization, and in so many of its members, especially those who've been in it for many years.

      "a far-reaching guidebook to contemporary spirituality" ???????

      I think not.

      Sharon

      > Hello Z and All,
      > Yes, it is my understanding
      > that he joined the E-cult
      > in 1971.
      >
      > [sorry for the reposts]
      >
      > Was "The Lost Slipper
      > of Soul" printed by
      > Eckankar?
      >
      > BTW-It seems that the
      > "Kip" character is the
      > alter ego of the author.
      > So, perhaps, HK isn't
      > all that impressive
      > of a "Master/Mahanta"
      > for this H.I., and I'm
      > thinking that he no
      > longer buys into Twit's
      > plagiarisms and fiction.
      >
      > IMO, Based upon the
      > story line, many of us
      > former long-time EK
      > leaders could have
      > written a similar book.
      > And, one could easily
      > substitute "Truth Seeker"
      > for "Karma Seeker," and
      > "ECKankar" for "League."
      >
      > FYI: I Googled his
      > Karma-Seeker website
      > where he gives "Card
      > Readings" via phone.
      > So, why would a person
      > still be an H.I. If he
      > does Card Readings?
      >
      > Here's some info on the
      > book from Amazon.
      >

      > BOOK DESCRIPTION:
      >
      > "What is the true test of spirituality?
      > Is it loyalty to a master, group, or
      > teaching? Or is it having the courage
      > to act on one's deepest convictions,
      > even in the face of disapproval and
      > sanction?
      >
      > This is the question that confronts
      > Kip Morgan.
      >
      > Kip is a karma seeker—an individual
      > committed to testing himself by means
      > of his own choices. For such people,
      > who are engaged in an experiment
      > with unknown forces, there is no way
      > to prove that they are fit to discover
      > what they seek except by doing it.
      >
      > As a young man, Kip joins the League,
      > one of the burgeoning new age spiritual
      > groups of the late 1960s and early 1970s.
      > He learns the fundamentals of its teachings,
      > which involve cultivating inner experiences
      > through contemplation, dreams, and out-
      > of-body experiences.
      >
      > The high point of his experience comes
      > with his initiation into the League's inner
      > circle, a transcendent event that significantly
      > alters his view of life. It doesn't take long,
      > however, before he discovers how fragile
      > this experience is, and how difficult it is
      > to hold on to his new state of consciousness.
      >
      > Kip embarks on a quest that takes him
      > beyond the confines of the League.
      >
      > Eventually, he comes to question the
      > group's claim to exclusivity, and to see
      > it as merely a portal to a universal spiritual
      > path.
      >
      > As he becomes less reliant on the League
      > and its members for support and guidance,
      > he is torn between his personal vision of
      > truth and his fear of spiritual failure. This
> [...]
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic