      committed to testing himself by means
      of his own choices. For such people,
      who are engaged in an experiment
      with unknown forces, there is no way
      to prove that they are fit to discover
      what they seek except by doing it.

      As a young man, Kip joins the League,
      one of the burgeoning new age spiritual
      groups of the late 1960s and early 1970s.
      He learns the fundamentals of its teachings,
      which involve cultivating inner experiences
      through contemplation, dreams, and out-
      of-body experiences.

      The high point of his experience comes
      with his initiation into the League's inner
      circle, a transcendent event that significantly
      alters his view of life. It doesn't take long,
      however, before he discovers how fragile
      this experience is, and how difficult it is
      to hold on to his new state of consciousness.

      Kip embarks on a quest that takes him
      beyond the confines of the League.

      Eventually, he comes to question the
      group's claim to exclusivity, and to see
      it as merely a portal to a universal spiritual
      path.

      As he becomes less reliant on the League
      and its members for support and guidance,
      he is torn between his personal vision of
      truth and his fear of spiritual failure. This
      puts him on a collision course with the League
      President, the group's ultimate spiritual authority.

      The Karma Seeker is a far-reaching guidebook
      to contemporary spirituality. It presents the
      reader with the essential paradigm of the modern
      spiritual path—its highs and lows, its rewards
      and pitfalls. It illustrates how individuals who
      embark on such a path are tested in the areas
      of their greatest deficiency in order to build up
      their spiritual strength, all so that they may
      eventually become active participants in their
      own destiny." [end]

      "zephrendhun" wrote:

      > Dear Prom and all,
      >
      > Interesting thing about this book is that its original title was " The Lost
      Slipper of Soul " and I have that version. I also know the author who is a fine
      enough chap but I think Stefan is still an H.I. I believe he is an H.I. 'on the
      fence', so to speak. Many H.I.'s remain in Eckrakorn, hoping that Harry the
      Klempster will soon retire or die. Then they can see if they will become the
      next LEM or if Harry's replacement is ok, then they will probably continue with
      their delusion that Eckrakorn is a true spiritual path and not just the cult it
      is. Its tough being an individual and losing all of the friends and acquantences
      one encounters in the E-cult. But their true reason for excommunicating a long
      time freind is that they really have their doubts about this crap's truth as
      well. Besides after being a none E-cultist for a while, I have formed some
      significant friendships that really don't give a s**t what my religious views
      are. The road is lonely sometimes on one own path, but there are no lies or
      delusions. Divine Source loves spiritual renegades, just check out Jesus the
      Christ. Enuff said. Peace and chicken grease!

      > Zephrendhun
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic