642Re: The Five Passions of the Mind vs The Five Virtures

  • l2eigh
    Oct 1, 2005
      Hi Prometheus:
      The passions and virtues are one of the reasons why
      Eckankar fails. It's all pillar or post with no moderation. The Five
      Wisdoms on the other hand are moderation and they do work.
      The Five wisdoms are; the Wisdom that like a mirror
      reflects perceptions, the Wisdom acquired by Contemplation, which
      apprehends the fundamental identity in all things, the Wisdom that
      discerns, differentiates and classifies things according to their
      particular properties, the Wisdom applied to works, assuring their
      success, the universal Wisdom which penetrates everything, detects
      the elements of which things are formed, and then the elements which
      constitute each of those first detected elements, and so ad
      infinitum, and by the virtue of this process destroys the illusion of
      the permanent reality of form and personality.

      If you can't pick up on them anywhere else, you can
      find these in the novel Mipam by Lama Yongden, published in 1938. Now
      in reprint by Shambala, I think.
      Lama Yongden was an interesting guy, and the "adopted
      son" of Alexandra David-Neel. *Quite* an interesting woman.

      Leigh

      -- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973"